Multi-City Bookings On-Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-City Bookings On-Line

I recall we have discussed this before, but I could not find the thread.
    My question is simple. Is the multi-city bookings not working at all? Does the browser play a role on this? I am using firefox. Do I need to set the country for the website. I am using GLOBAL as location at the moment.
    Thanks for the help.

Also when I was able to do multi city KUL/XSIN/yyy/SIN/KUL, the SIN-KUL portion only lists SQ code share flights with MI. No SQ metal at all. What's going on?

This part of the online booking system can get wacky in many areas. Sometimes I can't even use the pull down box on the screen to pick the cities, dates, and/or classes when going to the 2nd, 3rd, etc sectors.
    My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

I helped a colleague couple of days ago, to do a booking ICN-SIN-DEL-SIN-ICN with two stopovers in SIN (i.e. in either way), and all went ok. I recall long time ago it was indeed difficult to do multi-city bookings, but to me it now appears ok.

Just to add that when I tried to book my ICN-SIN-DEL-SIN-PVG schedule, everything was showing up ok.

I'm always using Firefox.
      Last edited by N_Architect; 11 January 2009, 05:51 PM. Reason: Added text

Comment

I am using Chrome and it seems to be a little "hit and miss", although I was able to complete my latest attempt.

I am not sure why the "Multi-city/Stopover" banner appears in a different color though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
          This part of the online booking system can get wacky in many areas. Sometimes I can't even use the pull down box on the screen to pick the cities, dates, and/or classes when going to the 2nd, 3rd, etc sectors.
          I think this is because of the OS/browser, happened to me when I was using XP/Firefox, but never happen to me on my OSX/Firefox.

Comment

The main problem or annoyance I find is that if I want to book an ADL/LAX/SIN/ADL flight, it won't recognise the initial routing (ADL/LAX) and forces me to enter it as two seperate entries (i.e. ADL/SIN then SIN/LAX), I guess because of the forced overnight transit.

Also I don't like that if I enter a date which is not available/operated it does not give me an alternative leaving me to either search the schedules first or to simply try different date combinations. In comparison, the Air NZ multi-stop search engine informs users of the next available dates if an unavailble date is entered.

Comment

The multi-city 'functionality' (loosely used here) gets my vote as the most frustrating aspect of the online booking experience. The options it presents often do not include my preferred one for a stopover, or else it just bombs out.

The function worked much better before the big website upgrade.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I gave up using SQ multi-city function years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  The multi-city 'functionality' (loosely used here) gets my vote as the most frustrating aspect of the online booking experience. The options it presents often do not include my preferred one for a stopover, or else it just bombs out.

The function worked much better before the big website upgrade.
                  i certainly second that opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                    i certainly second that opinion!
                    Totally agree SQ Multi-City is torture sometimes and you reach a point where it easier to get the agent to sort out the mess.

But for real joy you must experience the Qantas flash based international multi-city effort. Now that one is real fun!

See where it can send you.

question?

Comment

A friend of mine and I were trying to book a flight from SIN to NRT to IAD last year and we ended up having to call a Singapore Airlines agent, the online Multi-City option was just impossible!

SQ should really look into it.

I also realised you cant book flights across different cabin classes online, say Y on one leg and J on another

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
                        Totally agree SQ Multi-City is torture sometimes and you reach a point where it easier to get the agent to sort out the mess.
                        The other thing is that - if you can get the multi-city thing to work - it will give you the cheapest available fare with all of the associated conditions and penalties.

But if I use an agent to book it the agent cannot select seats and I cannot make changes on-line. And if I make changes by going direct (actually on hold) to SQ then SQ will hijack the rest of the booking so that the agent can not access it and you can still not access it on-line.

Frustrating on all fronts.

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                          A friend of mine and I were trying to book a flight from SIN to NRT to IAD last year and we ended up having to call a Singapore Airlines agent, the online Multi-City option was just impossible!

SQ should really look into it.
                          Well, IAD is not in the list of SQ destinations. Unless I am missing something in my browser.

Comment

Gimme Gimme SQ flight please

I was able to access multi-city booking today. But the segment for SIN-KUL gives me only SQ codeshare with MI. I want SQ metal!

Comment

tried using the multi-city function to make a tpe-hkg-sfo booking (TG tpe-hkg, SQ hkg-sfo)... the website showed the flights i wanted, but wouldn't price it out, saying i had to contact reservations. called the ICC, and they said they can't make the booking because the first international flight is not on SQ metal. called TG, and they said they can't make reservations on any other flights except TG metal... trying to get out there for the inaugural to BNE and meet up with SQ LPP again and other SQTalkers... HELP!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X