• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Writing kit

In the SQ R trip report here:

http://pyeinthesky.suddenlaunch3.com...num=1231425294

(registration + 1 post required)

it mentions a writing kit being given on boarding. Is this specifically for R class (to replace that found in the drawer in the Skysuite) (not that I got it for my recent R flight though) ?
    Last edited by jhm; 9 January 2009, 02:12 AM.

No writing kit given on boarding IME.

Comment

You may not be missing much - at all.

The pen that was inside the SkySuite drawer on my SIN-LHR flight was so utterly lame that I declined to take it. I'm a real sucker for airline freebies but - alongside the garish crimson red Asiana F slippers - this was left behind where it didn't quite belong...

I don't think I have actually seen such a cheap and nasty freebie pen in a long while. I guess the days when people reported of finding quite nice pens from those drawers are long gone!

I am seriously not kidding when I say that the perceived quality of those pens were not much better than the Barclays "take me away" pens

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
        I am seriously not kidding when I say that the perceived quality of those pens were not much better than the Barclays "take me away" pens
        The Barclays pens write really well. I always grab a handful for my workplace. Just doing my bit to save some money for the NHS.

Comment

My Father was given the writing set when he was in Suites last month. Having said that he was also given a very cute teddy bear that looked very worried in a sealed plastic bag!
          I'm in Suites in a week so will report what is given. Having said that I'm a collector of all sorts of stuff so will be asking for whatever I can get

G

Comment

This thread is interesting..........

I remember the first time I flew with SQ in F, about 7 years ago, perhaps?
            And I remember seeing ads prior to that showing this mysterious "writing set" with what appeared to be a very high quality pen.
            Imagine my surprise when I opened that drawer and found a miserable plastic pen with a machine-stamped "F" logo!
            Very funny!
            I can't believe they would even include that rubbish in their marketing!

Did they EVER include a pen of any quality? Perhaps when the skysuites were first revealed?

Comment

The pen that was inside the SkySuite drawer on my SIN-LHR flight was so utterly lame that I declined to take it. I'm a real sucker for airline freebies but - alongside the garish crimson red Asiana F slippers - this was left behind where it didn't quite belong...

I don't think I have actually seen such a cheap and nasty freebie pen in a long while. I guess the days when people reported of finding quite nice pens from those drawers are long gone!

The quality of SQ F pens has never been good. The JCL version is even worse.
              The writing kits used to be of good quality (in both F and J) but now it is the same kit for all classes - no more nice F / J touch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr G View Post
                My Father was given the writing set when he was in Suites last month. Having said that he was also given a very cute teddy bear that looked very worried in a sealed plastic bag!
                Indeed! Have a look at the last photo here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=80

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  In the SQ R trip report here:

http://pyeinthesky.suddenlaunch3.com...num=1231425294

(registration + 1 post required)

it mentions a writing kit being given on boarding. Is this specifically for R class (to replace that found in the drawer in the Skysuite) (not that I got it for my recent R flight though) ?
                  Just stumbled upon this on the SQ website..

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...firstclass.jsp

Reading & Writing Pleasure
                  A writing kit comprising postcards, envelopes and a writing pad is available on request. When travelling in our new SkySuites, these writing materials, along with an elegantly designed pen, will be presented in your personal stationery drawer at your seat. Passengers can also catch up on home news, leisure, sports, and entertainment events through our extensive collection of newspapers and magazines. Selected collections vary upon travel routes.
                  SQ is advertising the writing kit for F class with an "elegantly designed pen". However as to how elegant this pen is debatable... I think we need a photo from a sqtalker who is in F soon....

Originally posted by flyingfox View Post
                  And I remember seeing ads prior to that showing this mysterious "writing set" with what appeared to be a very high quality pen.
                  Imagine my surprise when I opened that drawer and found a miserable plastic pen with a machine-stamped "F" logo!
                  Very funny!
                  I can't believe they would even include that rubbish in their marketing!

matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Working...
                  X