X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As expected, the January sales have started

Dear Mr MAN Flyer,

Seasons Greetings!

As a valued customer of Singapore Airlines, we are pleased to inform you of our New Year Sale fares when flying from the United Kingdom to Singapore and beyond!

As we look forward to 2009, rediscover why Singapore Airlines is still a great way to fly.

Amazing fares to Australasia

Take advantage of our fabulous fares to Australia, an exciting mix of famous landscapes and spectacular scenery, or to New Zealand the exhilarating land of adventure!

Flying from London Heathrow (LHR) -
    Sydney £690 Perth £650
    Adelaide £695 Brisbane £695
    Melbourne £685 Auckland £710

Valid for outbound travel between 12 Apr 09 and 15 Jun 09, for sale until 27 Jan 09. Terms and conditions apply. For other board points and departure dates fares will differ.

Fantastic fares to Asia

With our fantastic fares take the time to experience some of the many beautiful beaches or magnificent temples of Asia or to discover one of our untouched Silk Air destinations.

Flying from London Heathrow (LHR) -
    Singapore £495 Bali £580
    Manila £580 Bangkok £595
    Penang £540 Phuket £595

Valid for outbound travel between 12 Apr 09 and 15 Jun 09, for sale until 27 Jan 09. Terms and conditions apply. For other board points and departure dates fares will differ.

Business Class special fares

Experience the service even other airlines talk about with our special Business class fares from as little as £2120. For a limited sale period take advantage of our special Business class fares when you use both the SQ319 and SQ308 into and out of London Heathrow together, for journey to one of our fabulous destinations.

Fare of £2120 is for return travel from London Heathrow to Singapore inclusive of all taxes and surcharges, using the SQ319 from London to Singapore and SQ308 from Singapore to London.
    Both SQ319 and SQ308 must be used to take advantage of this fare. Fare is not applicable for use on any A380 services. Valid for sale until 30 June 2009

Oh man, where are these sales in reverse??? I'm looking at flying BNE-LHR in late April.

The fare itself isn't so expensive, it's the fuel surcharge that's the killer.

Comment

Grrr ...

They've caught the CX disease: the ex-LHR special deals in Y aren't that special for a frequent flyer, as they don't accrue miles.

The special business class fare isn't showing up yet when I try out some options using the website.
      Last edited by jjpb3; 5 January 2009, 10:45 PM. Reason: oops
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

drives me insane that there is no mileage in any of these fares. even 50% mileage i could accept! same for the 'sweet deals' out of australia now.
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          They've caught the CX disease: the ex-LHR special deals in Y aren't that special for FFers, as they don't accrue miles.

The special business class fare isn't showing up yet when I try out some options using the website.
          Yes, but we knew that couldn't last - ex-LHR was the only place in Europe from which the lowest SQ fare was historically always mileage accruable. For an extra GBP50 or so, you could always upgrade to a Flexisaver which gives you a full 100% mileage vs some of the stingy economy earning offered by most other *A members in discounted Y

Those business class fares are fantastic! And I think they are fully date-changeable, subject to D class availability. They also seem to extend to other destinations (e.g. KUL), but you need to break the journey as a multisector in order to force the dumbass booking engine to give you SQ308 as an option

Please, please, please can someone at SQHQ design a more intelligent booking engine that offers all the flight options??? Wishful thinking...

Comment

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
            Those business class fares are fantastic! And I think they are fully date-changeable, subject to D class availability. They also seem to extend to other destinations (e.g. KUL), but you need to break the journey as a multisector in order to force the dumbass booking engine to give you SQ308 as an option
            Still doesn't seem to work for my intended MNL itinerary. The CX online booking engine works fine, by comparison.
            Please, please, please can someone at SQHQ design a more intelligent booking engine that offers all the flight options??? Wishful thinking...
            Amen.

Comment

weren't ex- Australia fares always mileage accruable? ITs about a $200 difference to get miles right now. Not nice
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

It'll be an approximate 18-month wait !

Comment

And for Singapore too... http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...ions/index.jsp

Comment

Yes, but we knew that couldn't last - ex-LHR was the only place in Europe from which the lowest SQ fare was historically always mileage accruable. For an extra GBP50 or so, you could always upgrade to a Flexisaver which gives you a full 100% mileage vs some of the stingy economy earning offered by most other *A members in discounted Y.
                    Unfortunately, the mileage-earning options don't show up if I use the multi-city option when trying to get a stopover in SIN. The website defaults to the non-accruable promotion fare as the sole option (at least when I try to book LHR-SE Asia).

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      Unfortunately, the mileage-earning options don't show up if I use the multi-city option when trying to get a stopover in SIN. The website defaults to the non-accruable promotion fare as the sole option (at least when I try to book LHR-SE Asia).
                      I've had that problem for ages. Its not just the LHR-SEAsia routes.

Comment

Annoying when SQ always have the 2-to-fly rule for their SIN promotions. Very disadvantageous for single travellers like me who inevitably will choose other airlines (eg QF, LH etc) which do not have such silly fare regulations and cheaper fares too!
                        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          Business Class special fares

Experience the service even other airlines talk about with our special Business class fares from as little as £2120. For a limited sale period take advantage of our special Business class fares when you use both the SQ319 and SQ308 into and out of London Heathrow together, for journey to one of our fabulous destinations.

Fare of £2120 is for return travel from London Heathrow to Singapore inclusive of all taxes and surcharges, using the SQ319 from London to Singapore and SQ308 from Singapore to London.
                          Both SQ319 and SQ308 must be used to take advantage of this fare. Fare is not applicable for use on any A380 services. Valid for sale until 30 June 2009
                          Good news, bad news...

Good news - these fares are still widely available to SIN and beyond on SQ308/319, even after they have been upgraded to the 77W new product. Fantastic value for a business class Asia fare, never mind with a "real" flat bed

Bad news - the stupid, idiotic, brain-less, designed-by-a-retard online multi-stop booking engine still won't offer me any of the connecting flight combinations I want to KUL - it seems to be forcing me to fly SilkAir at inconvenient times, instead of the SQ flights I want. Grrrr....

Comment

Good news, bad news...

Good news - these fares are still widely available to SIN and beyond on SQ308/319, even after they have been upgraded to the 77W new product. Fantastic value for a business class Asia fare, never mind with a "real" flat bed

Bad news - the stupid, idiotic, brain-less, designed-by-a-retard online multi-stop booking engine still won't offer me any of the connecting flight combinations I want to KUL - it seems to be forcing me to fly SilkAir at inconvenient times, instead of the SQ flights I want. Grrrr....
                            Why don't you book a connection and change it to the one you want after reservation/ticketing? Or is the fare restricted?
                            /Desert Traveller

Comment

Write down the flight / flight time you want. Purchase one of the 'inconvenient' connections, then call up SQ after the purchase and tell them the actual flight you want. Worked for me with no hassle from SQ.

Comment

Working...
                              X