Aircon on board flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
    Whether there are individual vents depends on the airline's preference. Qantas has individual vents for all their aircraft, boeings and airbuses. But SQ does not have any on all their boeings and airbuses
    Yes I can confirm that SQ has no vents on all their AC like many other airlines. Nothing to do with Boeing/Airbus, SQ's choice.

Comment

The crews can set the temp.

I was on a flight from HK - SIN january 4th. SQ 862 I remember I was already sick. Got a mild fever. They said they set the temp at 26 I was like what in the world I complained twice before they lower it to 22. I was like excuse I am a Life passenger I am in first class the whole plane is so hot this is ridiculous.

Then they dropped it. On top of that there was a baby crying crying crying in business class i could hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by nursalimLPP View Post
        The crews can set the temp.

I was on a flight from HK - SIN january 4th. SQ 862 I remember I was already sick. Got a mild fever. They said they set the temp at 26 I was like what in the world I complained twice before they lower it to 22. I was like excuse I am a Life passenger I am in first class the whole plane is so hot this is ridiculous.

Then they dropped it. On top of that there was a baby crying crying crying in business class i could hear it.
        That is the problem. SQ needs to proceduralise this and have all air con settings at 22-23 degrees. 26 is too warm. 20 is too cold. Leaving it to the crew is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
          That is the problem. SQ needs to proceduralise this and have all air con settings at 22-23 degrees. 26 is too warm. 20 is too cold. Leaving it to the crew is not good.
          SQ has laid out the procedure. On the ground, the cockpit crew sets the temperature. In the air, the cabin crew must be aware of the pax needs. Remember that there are not only you in the plane but so many different personalities and needs in each cabin.
          As an example, when taking the flight between SIN and CGK, I noticed that many pax in F prefers to have blanket. Yes you may think that the crew set the temp too low. But in couple of my flights, the crew asked each of the F pax whether it's too cold. The pax answered they were happy with the temp, but they liked to have blanket over them.
          Another time between JFK and FRA in the winter time. Most of the pax felt cold. I felt fine with the settings. Since the majority were cold, yes the crew increased the cabin temp.
          Remember as well when you are traveling especialy long haul, your own body temp might play a role. For me, when my body clock says it's 3am, my body temp feels colder. Thus when I am traveling, I could adjust easily.

Comment

I for one prefers the temperature to be on the cooler side, as we can always use blanket(s). Not a fan of warm, stuffy aircraft cabins.

Comment

Stuffy, warm aircraft cabins can probably lead to the passing of airborne nasties too...

Sometimes, I get worried if the person next to me - who may be sniffling of coughing away (unintentionally) - will pass it on to me if the on-board climate is too warm and stuffy.

And as a person who prefers cold more than hot, yes - cooler side is def best!

Comment

A cold cabin a pax can ask for blanket. But if the cabin is hot!!!! what we gonna do? Take our clothes off?

They should set it at a nice temp so that it wouldnt be to cold and if it is they get a blanket.

Comment

I often set up meeting rooms and halls and I personally set the air conditioning thermostats at 24 degrees and I never get any complaints.

When set right, nobody notices if it is too warm or too cold. Set wrongly, you get people complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                    SQ has laid out the procedure. On the ground, the cockpit crew sets the temperature. In the air, the cabin crew must be aware of the pax needs. Remember that there are not only you in the plane but so many different personalities and needs in each cabin.
                    So, we are at the mercy of the cabin crew and whether they take notice of people perspiring away. I have been in stuffy cabins and feel as if I am jogging because I am sweating away.

I still say, start at 23 degrees and then adjust up or down 1 degree each time. Often I see people here feel a bit warm, then change the settings from 24 to 16 degrees (and they haven't even allowed the room to reach 24 yet) and after 2 hours, everybody is shivering.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                      So, we are at the mercy of the cabin crew and whether they take notice of people perspiring away. I have been in stuffy cabins and feel as if I am jogging because I am sweating away.

I still say, start at 23 degrees and then adjust up or down 1 degree each time. Often I see people here feel a bit warm, then change the settings from 24 to 16 degrees (and they haven't even allowed the room to reach 24 yet) and after 2 hours, everybody is shivering.
                      I did not say that you are at the mercy of the cabin crew. Yes, it sets originally at 23 -24. But again, if you are not the only pax on board, the crew will have to consider other pax as well. Some people tends to feel hot easily. Just look around at the gym. Some would sweat like rain drops. Some would not show any sweat at all. Also when you are in the room with more people, you tend to feel warmer.
                      If you think the cabin is too hot and stuffy, why not approach the cabin crew and raise your concern.
                      If you fly a lot and if you encounter warmer cabin, may be it's wise to write to SQ. I heard that couple years ago SQ had gotten many letters regarding the cabin being too cold.

Comment

Working...
                      X