Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I buy a seat in C and Y for myself for same flight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello?
    Last edited by flyingfox; 14 March 2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Sounds like you were very lucky indeed! Glad you got a good result.

I'm curious, however, on how the IFS in SIN and the check-in at MLE processed the upgrade. Did you have to pay?

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
        Sounds like you were very lucky indeed! Glad you got a good result.

I'm curious, however, on how the IFS in SIN and the check-in at MLE processed the upgrade. Did you have to pay?
        For the ex-SIN portion, I had already boarded and sat in Y. My wife was in C on her own redemption with Delta.
        My wife spoke with the inflight manager and they left the aircraft, then returned with a hand-written BP. My wife just told them I was on an F-class redemption and asked if I could be placed in C since there was an open seat. They did it.

For ex-MLE, I checked-in (in Y) online and when we got to the check-in counter at MLE we asked if I could be put into C again. The lady got a manager and they looked over the reservation for about 5 minutes then put me in C again. I noticed there were 4 empty C seats after take-off.

I didn't have to pay anything but I don't think it was considered an "upgrade", as the redemption was for F-class technically, although Delta had me in Y for those legs.

I know that they did it as a courtesy.

I just wonder if they will be able to "bill" Delta for the C seats for that leg. I hope they do!

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfox
          I just wonder if they will be able to "bill" Delta for the C seats for that leg. I hope they do!
          Well, that's the reason why I asked, and that's why I called it an upgrade.

Your ticket would only have been issued for X-class on the SIN-MLE-SIN segments, which means that you would have flown on an economy class ticket for those segments.

Unless SQ is paid for the overall journey (i.e. USA-MLE in F), it means they did effectively upgrade you for free from their perspective, because they are not going to get paid for F on SIN-MLE as far as I can see...

Anyway, nice to hear you had such a good experience!

Comment

Working...
          X