F Ticket Policy When Aircraft Switches to 380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F Ticket Policy When Aircraft Switches to 380

I have heard conflicting informations regarding passengers who had confirmed F tickets (both revenue & award) on the 744 prior to the 380 switch. In that there have been reports that those who originally ticketed in F class on a 744 flight which later was switched to a 380 flight would not have their tickets honoured to be in the 380 suites and were given two options 1) switch to another flight which was fitted with a F cabin as oppose to the suite or 2) downgrade to the J cabin of the same 380 flight.

On other had I have heard some revenue paying F passengers who originally booked a F ticket on the 744 as well as some passengers who originally redeemed a F ticket on a 744 where SQ at the end still kept them on the suites when the flight was switched to a 380 and was not forced to downgrade to business class or be switched to another flight that had F class as oppose to R.

So which is the accurate report regarding this policy when someone who ticketed in F during which the flight was still a 744 and still had a F cabin and later had the flight switched over to the A380 on whether or not their tickets will entitle them to be in the suites?

Originally posted by Kiwi Mile View Post
    I have heard conflicting informations regarding passengers who had confirmed F tickets (both revenue & award) on the 744 prior to the 380 switch. In that there have been reports that those who originally ticketed in F class on a 744 flight which later was switched to a 380 flight would not have their tickets honoured to be in the 380 suites and were given two options 1) switch to another flight which was fitted with a F cabin as oppose to the suite or 2) downgrade to the J cabin of the same 380 flight.

On other had I have heard some revenue paying F passengers who originally booked a F ticket on the 744 as well as some passengers who originally redeemed a F ticket on a 744 where SQ at the end still kept them on the suites when the flight was switched to a 380 and was not forced to downgrade to business class or be switched to another flight that had F class as oppose to R.

So which is the accurate report regarding this policy when someone who ticketed in F during which the flight was still a 744 and still had a F cabin and later had the flight switched over to the A380 on whether or not their tickets will entitle them to be in the suites?
    Maybe that's the divider right there? Revenue is ok for Suites but awards are not? This is more a job for the lawyers than anything

Comment

There were conflicting reports about people being downgraded or accommodated when the A380 was first introduced, but it is now firmly established practice that those ticketed in 777/747 F are accommodated in the Suites if there is an aircraft change.

However, once you have been moved up, you cannot change dates to another date into the Suites - you have to find non-Suites F or J availability in order to change dates.

Comment

Yep, if it's ticketed in F and it's switiched to the 380 you'll fly in the Suites, whether it's a redemption or paid booking. If it's just a held booking and not ticketed you won't get Suites.

Comment

What can I expect if/when they take the 747's off the SIN-FRA-JFK route? (saver award upgrades to bus. for Nov 2009)

Comment

Originally posted by rasmus View Post
            What can I expect if/when they take the 747's off the SIN-FRA-JFK route? (saver award upgrades to bus. for Nov 2009)
            You will most likely be accommodated in the new aircraft (77W or 380) at that time, but may be stuck with no date changes possible.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Yep, if it's ticketed in F and it's switiched to the 380 you'll fly in the Suites, whether it's a redemption or paid booking. If it's just a held booking and not ticketed you won't get Suites.
              Originally posted by StarG View Post
              You will most likely be accommodated in the new aircraft (77W or 380) at that time, but may be stuck with no date changes possible.
              That's right. You'd be protected if the booking has been ticketed (that 13 digit ticket number is king when it comes to these things...). But no changes are allowed or you'd have to switch to a different aircraft. Or at least that's been my experience with BMI awards.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                But no changes are allowed or you'd have to switch to a different aircraft.
                But when they change JFK out of the 744, there is no other aircraft you can have saver Business awards on. I wonder if they will be lenient in date changes, but highly doubtful.

Comment

I have a copy of the official document SQ put out when they introduced the A380 to London. In it are the following two lines:

Customers who hold ticketed bookings on flights to be operated by the A380 will be automatically accommodated on the new
                  aircraft without any change required to their tickets. Customers holding bookings, but not yet ticketed, may need to check if
                  there have been changes to their fares as a result of the aircraft change.
                  I was indeed accommodated in suites based on my F ticket.

Comment

Working...
                  X