Bangkok Service Reductions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok Service Reductions

So, it seems SQ is only flying 3 times daily right now, and upping it to 4 or 5 for January and February... down from I think it was about 6 before. Destroys the daytime connection i take from MEL, now a 4 hour 40 min wait in Singapore heading outbound, got to wait for the 8.40pm SIN-BKK-NRT.

Got rid of the 1800 departure. That destroys my usual itinerary of the 10 or 11 am departure from Mel and in BKK at 7.30pm. May as well take the afternoon TG service now. The return flights BKK-SIN connecting to the 2 overnights SIN-MEL still work well at least. It looks like SQ978 is restored around April. Does anyone know if this was planned before the problem at BKK?

SQDAZZ
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
    .........Does anyone know if this was planned before the problem at BKK?

SQDAZZ
    I would guess that its probably due to the recent activities in BKK. This would be a fair assumption as the SIN-BKK loads are quite good

Cheers.

Comment

I got an SMS Text Message from SQ yesterday morning saying my SQ978 SIN-BKK sector due to depart at 1800 had been cancelled, and instead I'd been put onto the 1640 flight.

This would have been too close for my liking to my incoming flight from LHR due in at 1455, on a separate ticket with luggage to thru-checked, so I called bmi and they've put me on the much later SWISS flight LX183 in F.

Whilst the long wait at SIN won't be ideal, at least I'll have tome to explore lots of different F and C lounges, and experience longhaul LX in F.

Comment

My upcoming 6:00 pm departure SIN-BKK (SQ 978, IIRC) was cancelled too. SQ rebooked me on the 2:40 pm departure, reducing my transit time coming off SQ 001. I lose a day of shopping in Singapore, but at least I'll get to BKK sooner. The original ATL-BKK itinerary involved a total trip time of 42 hours (not counting the trips to and from the airport and initial checkin/security), so shaving four hours off it is welcome.

Comment

Slightly off topic, but got called last night that TG 602 BKK-HKG in March was canceled also. Which is a shame because it feed nicely for me to SQ1 coming back home. Ultimately decided to take the earlier morning flight a day earlier and spend a day in HKG.

In another future reservation in June, I noticed a plane change for the same segment from a 747 to A340-600. This was a nicer surprise as I've never been able to test out the newer F seat for TG and looking forward to it (barring any more changes or cancellations!)

Comment

So, it seems SQ is only flying 3 times daily right now, and upping it to 4 or 5 for January and February... down from I think it was about 6 before. Destroys the daytime connection i take from MEL, now a 4 hour 40 min wait in Singapore heading outbound, got to wait for the 8.40pm SIN-BKK-NRT.

Got rid of the 1800 departure. That destroys my usual itinerary of the 10 or 11 am departure from Mel and in BKK at 7.30pm. May as well take the afternoon TG service now. The return flights BKK-SIN connecting to the 2 overnights SIN-MEL still work well at least. It looks like SQ978 is restored around April. Does anyone know if this was planned before the problem at BKK?

SQDAZZ

This has just happened to me also from MEL, I now have a 4hr 40min layover and are unable to go to the function in Bangkok I wanted and booked my particular date for. I'm really annoyed as I would have booked the earlier 1am flight out of MEL or flown Thai Air if I knew this was going to happen, so much for Singaporeairs fantastic service.

I rang Singaporeair and they couldn't care less. I got the most arrogant male on the phone, I was wanting to know if there was anyway of just trying to get onto the 4.30pm flight to BKK, yes I understand it is only a 35 minute layover but a lot of days SQ238 gets into Singapore early. I didn't expect him to rebook me onto that flight, I was just wanting information as to whether it was possible if my MEL flight arrived early, all he managed to do was scoff at me and infuriate me.

Does anyone have any advice which may help my situation.

Many thanks in advance.

SQ238.

Comment

Did you ask them to move you onto the 0100 departure ex mel with the morning flight to BKK?
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by More Champagne Sir? View Post
                I got an SMS Text Message from SQ yesterday morning saying my SQ978 SIN-BKK sector due to depart at 1800 had been cancelled, and instead I'd been put onto the 1640 flight.

This would have been too close for my liking to my incoming flight from LHR due in at 1455, on a separate ticket with luggage to thru-checked, so I called bmi and they've put me on the much later SWISS flight LX183 in F.

Whilst the long wait at SIN won't be ideal, at least I'll have tome to explore lots of different F and C lounges, and experience longhaul LX in F.
                Lucky MCS?

My original 11:15 BKK departure still stands but is now full. Just hope they haven't oversold J and I get bumped. Oh and that my TG flight in from CNX makes it in time to connect. Still I'm holding two seats on Silkair direct just in case.

If the revolution can be put on hold till 1 January I'll be very happy.

Comment

Did you ask them to move you onto the 0100 departure ex mel with the morning flight to BKK?

After much contemplation, and with a clearer head I re rang SQ.

This time I got a lovely lady who was much more understanding to my situation, she managed to re book me onto the early am flight out of MEL with a good connection to BKK, my flight is between Christmas and New Year and shows no availability on the SQ website so I was really suprised she was able to do this.

Her help was really appreciated which I told her with many thanks, and my faith and higest regard for SQ has been restored.

Does anyone know the correct reason/s (not just thoughts.) SQ have cancelled the 6.00pm flight SIN-BKK especially seen there is many travellers flying through SIN to Thailand for the holiday season?

SQ238.
                  Last edited by SQ238; 9 December 2008, 01:03 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                    Does anyone know the correct reason/s (not just thoughts.) SQ have cancelled the 6.00pm flight SIN-BKK especially seen there is many travellers flying through SIN to Thailand for the holiday season?
                    I think the problem is an anticipated drop in peak-season travel to Thailand resulting from the airports seizure last week. Massive hotel cancellations have been reported in Bangkok, and I'm sure airlines are seeing lots of ticket cancellations too. I suspect that SQ is eliminating frequencies and consolidating pax onto certain flights. If travellers do not abandon Thailand after all, I'm sure we'll see these flights restored.

Comment

Working...
                    X