Validity of *A award ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Validity of *A award ticket

I made a booking in April 2008 for March 2009 flight, and later I changed it to August 2009.... using UA MP miles on SQ flights (what other way is there to use UA miles?!)

It just occurred to me that tix are usually only valid for 12 months from date of issue.... so does this mean UA must have re-issued the ticket in order to make the change?

Of course Manage My Bookings no longer works so I can't look there, and UA site does not show itineraries that do not include a UA flight!

It was a mistake that the UA agent let you change it to Aug 2009 without reissuance, but what else is new? You need to call back and get it reissued or you may not have a valid ticket come Aug 2009. A valid reservation without a valid ticket is not going to get you anywhere.

Comment

Thanks... I just had UA email the itin and it says " Issued: 24 SEP 08"
      although it still has the same record locator as the original

Comment

Yes, the PNR or booking code would still be the same. Please just make sure that the ticket number of the on that issued on 24SEP08 is different from the original one that was issued in April.
        I had an experience with UA in which the agent sent me the new issued ticket, but never revalidate nor reissue the original ticket. Had to call UA International Desk when checking in for my flight.
        And also, I remember that UA tix is valid one year after the date of issuance, not a year after the first date of travel. May be now has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          .....And also, I remember that UA tix is valid one year after the date of issuance, not a year after the first date of travel. May be now has changed.
          No. It is still one year from date of issue for UA awards.

As SQ LPP said, make sure that the ticket was reissued with a new ticket number, or else you may have trouble checking in. It is possible that the issue date is for the PNR and the ticket was not reissued. PNR doesn't change but the ticket number should change.

Comment

Thanks for the advice... yes it's a new ticket number. So all should be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
              Yes, the PNR or booking code would still be the same. Please just make sure that the ticket number of the on that issued on 24SEP08 is different from the original one that was issued in April.
              I had an experience with UA in which the agent sent me the new issued ticket, but never revalidate nor reissue the original ticket. Had to call UA International Desk when checking in for my flight.
              And also, I remember that UA tix is valid one year after the date of issuance, not a year after the first date of travel. May be now has changed.
              How about for Krisflyer redemptions on SQ? Is it six month (saver)/ one year (standard/full) validity after issuance or after date of first travel?

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                How about for Krisflyer redemptions on SQ? Is it six month (saver)/ one year (standard/full) validity after issuance or after date of first travel?
                If you look up the T&C of KF Program, the award redemption ticket is valid six-month or a year from the date of the first flight as ticketed.

Comment

Working...
                X