Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If SQ11/12 does not go to 380, what about 77W ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If SQ11/12 does not go to 380, what about 77W ?

Given all the talk about lower yields on SQ11/12 in the "where is the A380 flying next thread", what are the chances of switch similar to SQ1/2?

I might be wrong, but IIRC SIN-NRT-SIN portion is consistently quite full.
    A change to 77W would decrease the capacity by 8 J seats.
    I am not so sure they would want to do that.

Comment

Yes, as is F.

I bet the same is true for SQ1/2 SIN-HKG-SIN but they downguaged that one.

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
        Given all the talk about lower yields on SQ11/12 in the "where is the A380 flying next thread", what are the chances of switch similar to SQ1/2?
        Anything is possible at the moment, due to the current economic climate and changing conditions.

If the A380 goes where it is supposed to next then that will free up 77W's, but again, this is not certain now.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

If the A380 goes where it is supposed to next then that will free up 77W's, but again, this is not certain now.
          Which is where? CDG?

Comment

It's easy enough to add capacity to HKG or NRT with other flights. It would be poor planning to send a half-full aircraft across the Pacific just because there is a lot of demand within Asia.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              It's easy enough to add capacity to HKG or NRT with other flights. It would be poor planning to send a half-full aircraft across the Pacific just because there is a lot of demand within Asia.
              Yes, so what do you think about 77W replacing 744 on this route in the near future? Was the SFO replacement a big surprise?

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                Was the SFO replacement a big surprise?
                Not for me...
                Regarding LAX, with current economic climate all over the world, anything can happen. If certain European destinations still shows strong yields (in turn will give more reasons to deploy A380 to go there), LAX might get 77W as the aircrafts become available.

Comment

Anybody know the schedule for 77W's?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                    Not for me...
                    Regarding LAX, with current economic climate all over the world, anything can happen. If certain European destinations still shows strong yields (in turn will give more reasons to deploy A380 to go there), LAX might get 77W as the aircrafts become available.
                    Would you be unsurprised if LAX gets 77W by Q2 2009?!

Comment

Originally posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
                      Anybody know the schedule for 77W's?
                      What do you mean by "schedule"? What flights do they operate, and when they leave, or when the next airframe is due to be delivered?

If you want a list of flights regularly operated by SQ 77Ws, try the FT SQ forum -- there's a sticky.

If it's deliveries, there's only one more coming: 9V-SWT. It's the 19th and final one for the fleet, unless SQ exercises some of its 13 outstanding options. 9V-SWT was caught by the Boeing strike, and its delivery is delayed.

Comment

I expect 9V-SWT to be delivered before the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                        X