Sq will reduce its sin-kul fares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sq will reduce its sin-kul fares

In today's papers, SQ will reduce its SIN-KUL-SIN fares in 2 weeks and it will be S$293nett down from $401, in view of the LCCs opening up of this sector from 1st Dec - and MH will reduce its fare to S#172nett. This is about S$100 to S$150 more than the budget carriers.
    But its a good start to liberalisation and perhaps SQ will drop its fares even lower somewhat come Jan 09 onwards - perhaps to S$250.

MAS, SIA slash prices

Deleted
    Last edited by Megatop; 17 November 2011, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatop View Post
      [B]

The full-service airlines also have an advantage over the low-cost carriers because anyone with an SIA ticket can also fly on SilkAir or MAS, thanks to a code-share agreement between them.
      Hmm is that the case? I don't fly the route so often but one of my colleagues had a SQ ticket & couldn't take the earlier MI flight even though seats were available...
      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
        Hmm is that the case? I don't fly the route so often but one of my colleagues had a SQ ticket & couldn't take the earlier MI flight even though seats were available...
        Early last week i was booked on an MH flight, and got it switched over to an SQ one, no problems - according to the check in counter staff, most fares are okay to swap

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          ...according to the check in counter staff, most fares are okay to swap
          Most, but by no means all. If you have a restricted fare valid on one specific airline, you won't be able to move to a flight operated by another's metal. Example: MH trans-pacific "A" class fares, which are business class fares with a confirmed upgrade to first between LAX and KUL (CUPGA fares). These fares also exist LAX-KUL-SIN v v.

*A fare experience seems mixed: if you were rebooked by SQ on MI, you may be OK. If it's a new booking, the MI flights are closed, while the MH code-shares have never been available to *A passengers under the SQ flight number, just as other *A code-shares are not available.

Comment

with the recet discontinuation of the SQ/MH joint-shutte service since june 08, not all tickets between these 2 carriers can be used interchangeably and thats why tickets needed to be "endorsed" whenever one changes the carrier for SIN-KUL flights. And with SQ, MH and MI offering their own promos - hence tickets are not transferable. Only full fare tickets are endorseable.

Comment

I just purchased a round-trip ticket to KL via Tiger for S$58 all-in, which is a surprise considering I was expecting even lower fairs on AirAsia. Anyway at that price, I didnt linger in the SQ website for long despite its recent offers!
              Help make this article a better one!

Comment

it used to be sometime back when air asia have some nasty delays - but since it have its new A320s and now ith an all new 50 fleet A320 - its flights are usually on time and on few of its SIN-KUL-SIN flights - at least 40% of the flights that i have taken actually pushed back 5 to 10 mins early. Tiger and jetstar still seems to have some occassional delays on this sector due to delayed incoming planes and also they have a small fleet of 7 to 12 planes only. The other good thing now is that air asia actually compensates by giving a rm200 voucher for flight delays above 2 hrs - which is good for a free return flight from sin. Last thurs i took SQ107 back to sin but the flight was delayed by 70 mins due to "incoming late arrival of aircraft".

Comment

Ah I am not expecting too much from Tiger anyway, especially when I later discovered that the hidden "convenience fee" is now S$8. While I am not against extra surcharges in general, I am absolutely aghast when that fee is not disclosed or displayed anywhere in the entire booking sequence, including even the point where credit card details are submitted, before appearing only in the receipt!
                  Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Originally posted by huaiwei View Post
                    Ah I am not expecting too much from Tiger anyway, especially when I later discovered that the hidden "convenience fee" is now S$8.
                    There's a surcharge for the provision of toilets ?!? That's really going too far...!

Comment

Working...
                    X