suites on SQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr H View Post
    Perhaps I should have done, though, as it would have screened off the many, many visitors from other parts of the plane who had gone for a wander. I had so much traffic going past in the corridor that I felt like a zoo exhibit.
    It surprises me that the FAs allow this. If I was paying full-fare for R I wouldn't be happy at being made to feel that I was some kind of exhibit.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Whereas when the load has been light on flights like yours and KeithMEL's - it's been less than stellar.

Would that be a fair assumption, and if so, why?
      Originally posted by jhm View Post
      I believe KeithMEL said he had a very good flight even though he was the only one present in R.
      I thoroughly enjoyed my flight like jhm said. I had such a wonderful time onboard that it was hard to imagine anything differently. (ironically though, it was a bit eerie being the only pax in the Suites cabin especially when it got dark.) So it's sad when I read reports of substandard service - as it's evidence of inconsistency which is rather un-SQ . The only complaint I had was of the rather average catering (IMHO), which had nothing to do with service levels.
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 7 February 2009, 12:34 AM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by patgarrett View Post
        It surprises me that the FAs allow this. If I was paying full-fare for R I wouldn't be happy at being made to feel that I was some kind of exhibit.
        It surprised me that they allowed it. But since they spent the entire flight in the crew area at the back of the Suites section (or in the dens they made in other suites) there was nothing they could do to stop people coming down the staircase. I'm not talking about one or two tourists either - there were at least a dozen. It seems that the Suites concept allows the crew to feel that they are on call, but the R pax are supposed to be self contained in their suites and their zone doesn't extend beyond the suite door.

Another gripe, while I'm at it. I like to look out of windows. In the 744, this is well possible. But in suites, you are sitting so far from the window - in a B or even a C economy seat position - that all you can see is sky.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          I So it's sad when I read reports of substandard service - as it's evidence of inconsistency which is rather un-SQ .
          Maybe Mr H had the same crew as jhm and I. Couldn't help grinning at how Mr H described the disappointment of the crew when he chose not to shut the door and blinds, and the strained smiles of the crew. I had the same reaction from them!

Comment

Is it true that SIA will eliminate the suites on the new a380's on order?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_SIA View Post
              Is it true that SIA will eliminate the suites on the new a380's on order?
              The config is firm for the next 4, until SKJ. After that it's anyone's guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                They are sold in Australia and yeah not quality.
                Ferrero Rocher also has a plant in Australia to manufacture these golden chocolate balls.

Comment

Working...
                X