Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    I don't think this is quite accurate.
    Op ups (involuntary upgrades when the flights are overbooked) do happen on SQ from Y to Biz or from Biz to First. As far as I know, they would try to accommodate everyone on the flight before they will bump people off.
    However, rumors said that no op ups to Suites are to be done on the A380 flights.
    We're talking about SQ employee staff tickets.

SQ does not allow staff on holiday travel upgrades to even the Business Class cabin. Only very senior management staff have access to the Business Cabin. They would need to be approved to buy into F travel but I doubt the Suites would be accessible on a discount.

Even TAs need to be approved before they could buy into Business Class. Once upon a time ago, I wanted a business class ticket on TA discount. Boy, the loops one had to jump and the approvals between departments and company. Finally SQ said that they would make this a special one time exception. Route: SIN-PEN !

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
      I just re-read ycp81's post above - you are right.
      My apologies.

Comment

SQ does not allow staff on holiday travel upgrades to even the Business Class cabin.
        What about staff on official SQ business? not for holiday travel...
        matt_will_fix_it

Comment

What about if they need to send a crew member to New York? Would they send them via Frankfurt on economy? Or send them on the all business class flight??

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
            I've done 3 sectors on the suites and none of them were full to capacity but they were more than half full.
            Just done it once, NRT-SIN on Oct 5, it was full house, with 1 children and 2 teenagers! (not mine ) (looks... even young explolers want to sit at Suites... )

Comment

yes, not upgrades allowed for suite class, even for solitaire. For staff, only directors are allowed Suite class. Capts, if business class is full, and suite is empty, have to travel in economy.

Comment

rumors are true never an upgrade on a380 i was told by check in and never if u have kids

Comment

Originally posted by TAZ MAN View Post
                  What about if they need to send a crew member to New York? Would they send them via Frankfurt on economy? Or send them on the all business class flight??
                  Yup, on economy, unless Y is overbooked in which case the crew may travel in biz.
                  My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

SQ does not allow staff on holiday travel upgrades to even the Business Class cabin. Only very senior management staff have access to the Business Cabin. They would need to be approved to buy into F travel but I doubt the Suites would be accessible on a discount.

Even TAs need to be approved before they could buy into Business Class. Once upon a time ago, I wanted a business class ticket on TA discount. Boy, the loops one had to jump and the approvals between departments and company. Finally SQ said that they would make this a special one time exception. Route: SIN-PEN !
                    Things sure have changed. Know someone who was one of the founding staff of SQ and worked there all his career (in fact he was in MSA before the split). The so-called University of Paya Lebar generation of SQ staff. Worked his way up to managerial level from a mere artisan (he only had O Levels I think). Not particularly senior, just middle management at most in the Engineering division, but by the 80s he could fly J and later F on subload for staff travel (almost always longhaul in his case either to Airbus or Boeing). Holiday perks were fabulous too in those days: one free return trip a year up to F class for him and his family (to any SQ destination but of course on subload) and pay only 10% of the fare for other return trips). Obviously, SQ got rid of these perks (as a shareholder I prolly would have balked too). Don't know as a retiree if he gets free or discounted travel still altho I think he does because he.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      There are a lot of empty Suites flying around.
                      Source or just wishful thinking as usual?

Comment

I have been upgraded from business to first class couple times when Business was overbooked from LAX.

I am a life though maybe thats why. I dont know.

Comment

I can never imagine getting an AD50 / AD75 ticket with SQ, even in economy LOL...

Comment

Originally posted by nursalimLPP View Post
                            I have been upgraded from business to first class couple times when Business was overbooked from LAX.

I am a life though maybe thats why. I dont know.
                            But not from J to R, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
                              But not from J to R, correct?
                              No R yet from LAX, right?

As StarG mentioned, SQ will not op-up to R. I heard from a reliable source that SQ changed the overbooking threshold for A380 J, so that there would be no chance of having to op-up to R.
                              Last edited by jjpb3; 31 January 2009, 03:40 AM.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Just for reference today's load in Suites Sin-Syd = 7
                                I love Singapore Airlines
                                Last edited by Dr G; 7 February 2009, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X