AVOD on 773

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVOD on 773

Do all the 777-300s have AVOD? Or specifically will I get it on PVG SIN flights?

It's just someone mentioned it's only available of some of the aircraft. I find that astonishing and it was related by somebody who's in love with CX and doesn't think much of SQ. I'm not sure whether to believe it or not.

Originally posted by VC10 Boy View Post
    Do all the 777-300s have AVOD? Or specifically will I get it on PVG SIN flights?
    no, not all do. 777-300's SYA-SYE are equipped with the older non-avod versions. SYF-SYL are the newer avod ones - as to what route gets what? - it's anyone's guess. There's no hard and fast rule on allocation of these aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      no, not all do. 777-300's SYA-SYE are equipped with the older non-avod versions. SYF-SYL are the newer avod ones - as to what route gets what? - it's anyone's guess. There's no hard and fast rule on allocation of these aircraft.
      Are you sure? I don't think your info is correct! I heard ALL 777-312 has it (the avod)

Comment

Originally posted by A380-800 View Post
        I don't think your info is correct!
        I wouldn't put any money on that if I were you....

Comment

SQFlyergirl is correct.
          link
          zxcvbn

Comment

Are you sure? I don't think your info is correct
            Shaky ground you're on there... very shaky.. brace yourself!!!!!

*D'oh, too slow*
            Last edited by Kyo; 22 October 2008, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Phew! Thought for a moment this Geriatric citizen was also senile.... turns out I've got to thank my lucky stars for Gingko biloba

Comment

Are you sure? I don't think your info is correct! I heard ALL 777-312 has it (the avod)
                I often fly to India to meet my family (before the new 77W took up SQ 424 and 423 (night flights)and SQ 422 and SQ 421 are still the same 773. The 773
                in the morning that I've been on to India NEVER have the AVOD system and normally I end up SYC/SYD which sometimes don't even have a working order interactive mode.
                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

ooops! my bad.... this was SQFlyergirl I was trying to challenge

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Comment

So it's luck of the draw... hmm

I'm still a little confused though - AVOD is new to BA and only works for some of the time you see so please forgive my ignorance of these matters.

Are Wiseman 2000 and 3000 both AVOD? Or let's say I'm on one of the unfortunate non AVOD 773, but with interactive something, will there be a list of films I can watch, choose which to watch, and start and stop it when I feel like? Will there be a flight map? Should I just bring a MacBook?

Comment

SQflyergirl is exactly correct. SQ have 18 aircraft including 9V-SYA through 9V-SYE with non-AVOD Krisworld. They all joined the fleet between 1997 and 1999. Those same 18 aircraft are due to be replaced between 2009 and 2011 by the 19 A330-300s on order.

In my opinion, there is a very good chance that 9V-SYF through 9V-SYL will be refitted with a configuration similar to that of the 777-300ERs.

Comment

Originally posted by VC10 Boy View Post
                        Or let's say I'm on one of the unfortunate non AVOD 773, but with interactive something, will there be a list of films I can watch, choose which to watch, and start and stop it when I feel like? Will there be a flight map? Should I just bring a MacBook?
                        There will be several channels with films showing. One cannot start and stop the films. There will be a flight map. Yes, you should bring a MacBook. Or, alternatively, a MacBook Air. The MacBook Pro is too large if you'll be flying in Y class.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                          ... if you'll be flying in Y class.

I promise you I will not be flying in whY

Thanks everyone for their help.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                            SQflyergirl is exactly correct. SQ have 18 aircraft including 9V-SYA through 9V-SYE with non-AVOD Krisworld. They all joined the fleet between 1997 and 1999. Those same 18 aircraft are due to be replaced between 2009 and 2011 by the 19 A330-300s on order.

In my opinion, there is a very good chance that 9V-SYF through 9V-SYL will be refitted with a configuration similar to that of the 777-300ERs.
                            What about the 777-200 , 3-class? Are they all AVOD ?

Comment

Ooh! okay - i checked on this one. The 777-200's 3 class is SQA to SQH non avod, SQI to SQN is the avod.

Gold star for me?

Comment

Working...
                              X