2009 SQ Aircraft deliveries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maxmin View Post
    Zvezda - do you think the 744s will fly up to the very last minute of FY 2009 ?

I've got this vested interest in my early March SQ11 award flight, to be frank!
    The very last minute? I think it's very unlikely that SQ will fly multiple JumboJets in passenger service up to 23:59 on 31 March 2010.

Seriously, I think the last revenue passenger flight of SQ's JumboJet fleet could be anytime from delivery of 9V-SKK through sometime in March. My best guess is that the last of them will be retired at the end of the Lunar New Year peak flying season.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
      The very last minute? I think it's very unlikely that SQ will fly multiple JumboJets in passenger service up to 23:59 on 31 March 2010.

Seriously, I think the last revenue passenger flight of SQ's JumboJet fleet could be anytime from delivery of 9V-SKK through sometime in March. My best guess is that the last of them will be retired at the end of the Lunar New Year peak flying season.
      Yeah it would be hard for people to jump out of the 747 at midnight exactly!

Comment

• SQ finally admitted that they will delay its deliveries of 8 A380s by 6 months to 12 months as they finally reached an agreement with Airbus. In fact SQ have started its exploratory talks with Airbus to delay its A380s since late Apr - but its CEO and even its PR dept deny this - and "confirm" that SQ will proceed with the delivery as originally scheduled - even as late as in Jun 09 during the aviation conference in KL.
        Now we know that SQ have not been so transparent with this regard. Will this mean that some 744s will be flying for up to mid-2010?

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          ....Will this mean that some 744s will be flying for up to mid-2010?
          All 744s were to be retired by March 2010, before the original delivery dates of Whalejets. I don't think they are linked.

SQ needs more 77Ws to retired 744s. Hope they can manage it as 744s are getting tired.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            All 744s were to be retired by March 2010, before the original delivery dates of Whalejets. I don't think they are linked.
            I also guess that the JumboJet retirements are not strictly linked to the WhaleJet deliveries.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              I also guess that the JumboJet retirements are not strictly linked to the WhaleJet deliveries.
              Yeah, I think they're linked more with the 333 deliveries, since that should free some 77Ws for the existing Jumbo routes.

Comment

• the new 333s deliveries will actually only free some of the 772s on regional n medium routes - which will then take up some of the existing 77Ws routes so that some the 77Ws capacity can be freed to take over the 744s routes.

Comment

• No. 10 will arrive this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                    No. 10 will arrive this afternoon.
                    The link showing 9V-SKJ taking off on her delivery flight on 6 September 2009.

http://www.jetphotos.net/img/2/1/6/8...1252266861.jpg

Comment

• 9V-SKJ arrived in SIN at 1429 local time today.

Comment

• That's all for calendar year 2009 deliveries. 9V-SKK and a few A330-300s will be delivered before the fiscal year ends on 31 April 2010.

Comment

• 9V-SKK had her 1st flight on 10 September and has been transferred to XFW for outfitting.

http://www.pictaero.com/en/pictures/picture,55478
                          Last edited by SQKevin; 11 September 2009, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X