ICN reduced/YVR re-time from 09MAR09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICN reduced/YVR re-time from 09MAR09

Singapore Airlines starting 08MAR09 is re-timing its 3 weekly Singapore - Seoul - Vancouver flight. The new service will be a night-time service (afternoon departure from Singapore)

03NOV08 - 07MAR09
    SQ018 SIN0950 - 1710ICN1815 - 1055YVR 772 146
    SQ017 YVR1230 - 1655+1ICN1755+1 - 2335+1SIN 146

Effective 08MAR09
    SQ018 SIN1530 - 2250ICN2355 - 1735YVR 772 146
    SQ017 YVR1900 - 2225+1ICN2325+1 - 0500+2SIN 772 146

http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/200...rom-march.html

Plus, SQ608/609, 3 weekly (Day 567) on Seoul service will be removed from 01FEB09 to 28MAR09, leads to reduction of Seoul service from 20 to 17 weekly.

http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/200...ul-flight.html
    Airline Route | twitter

Thank you, and welcome to SQTalk, jimyvr!
    A very interesting schedule starting March next year.

Comment

Originally posted by jimyvr View Post
      Plus, SQ608/609, 3 weekly (Day 567) on Seoul service will be removed from 01FEB09 to 28MAR09
      That's why I was trying to book SQ608 SIN-ICN for Sat 14 Feb and it gave me only SQ16 and SQ18 available...

Hmmm, now it makes sense... Thanks for posting.
      Last edited by N_Architect; 21 October 2008, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, jimyvr.
        Thanks for the updates.

Comment

I wonder whether the schedule change coincides with the introduction of new C seat for SQ 17/18.

Comment

Thank you jimyvr for this update and welcome!

This is a welcomed change for me as I prefer the night flights and evening departures.
            It also eliminates the overnight that was always necessary in each direction flying to MNL, though I always very much appreciated the one day in Singapore.

New C class? I thought the 772ER's were staying the way they are until they are phased out? Did I miss something somewhere?
            Or is the plan to send the A330-300 on this route, though I doubt it could do the YVR-ICN sector unless SQ ordered the extended range version.

I am not to familiar with the versions of A330's they ordered but was always under the impression that they were being used for medium haul flights.

Comment

Great find jimyvr. This change will definitely be a key part on some of my travel schedule decision making process. thanks for posting the update.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
                Thank you jimyvr for this update and welcome!

This is a welcomed change for me as I prefer the night flights and evening departures.
                It also eliminates the overnight that was always necessary in each direction flying to MNL, though I always very much appreciated the one day in Singapore.

New C class? I thought the 772ER's were staying the way they are until they are phased out? Did I miss something somewhere?
                Or is the plan to send the A330-300 on this route, though I doubt it could do the YVR-ICN sector unless SQ ordered the extended range version.

I am not to familiar with the versions of A330's they ordered but was always under the impression that they were being used for medium haul flights.
                Range for ICN-YVR is 4439nm
                Range for A330 is 5669nm
                zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
                  Range for ICN-YVR is 4439nm
                  Range for A330 is 5669nm
                  Thank you for the clarification zxcvbn.
                  I always thought that the A330-300 was a medium range aircraft for which purpose it seemed SQ had ordered them for.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification zxcvbn.
                    I always thought that the A330-300 was a medium range aircraft for which purpose it seemed SQ had ordered them for.
                    ASIANA operates A330 to SIN.
                    Airline Route | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by jimyvr View Post
                      ASIANA operates A330 to SIN.
                      I was commenting with regards to the YVR-ICN sector.
                      There are a few airlines that use the A330 for long range; i.e.: NW SEA-NRT, SEA-LHR, BR used to fly the A330 from TPE to AKL, LT DUS-YVR etc.
                      I just got confused as I thought that those mentioned above were A330-200 used for long range flights and I assumed that SQ had ordered the A330-300 for medium range and therefore wasn't sure if the range from ICN to YVR would be suffecient.

Comment

I was commenting with regards to the YVR-ICN sector.
                        There are a few airlines that use the A330 for long range; i.e.: NW SEA-NRT, SEA-LHR, BR used to fly the A330 from TPE to AKL, LT DUS-YVR etc.
                        I just got confused as I thought that those mentioned above were A330-200 used for long range flights and I assumed that SQ had ordered the A330-300 for medium range and therefore wasn't sure if the range from ICN to YVR would be suffecient.
                        The new A330-300s now have a longer range than when the first 300s were launched and have the same range as the 200 series.

Comment

the new A333s will have just a shade less range than the 200s - abt an hour less but capapble of flying just abt 11 hrs

Comment

The new timings are definately better for those who need to make connections in SIN on both directions. You'd get all sorts of option after arriving 5am versus arriving 11:35pm. The 3:30pm ex-SIN departure also allows connections from many intra asia that would have been impossible with the 9:50 am departure.
                            My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

sooooooooo happy about this. Now with the morning arrival in SIN i can catch a connector to my first destination (typically in Australia)...w00t!! Although the return journey back to Ottawa or Montreal will be a little painful (if anything taking the red eye through Toronto (if Montreal is not available) would be an okay solution for me)...and with the increasing strength of the USD against the CAD, my aspiration of flying through IAH on my next trip is quickly becoming a pipe dream..

But i digress...w00t!
                              Last edited by hofo_mofo; 26 October 2008, 11:51 PM.
                              I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

Working...
                              X