Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 sin-tokyo?

Hi everyone

i was wondering why is singapore airlines using the a380 on the singapore - tokyo route? I mean its only a 6 hour flight. What is the benifit of this route?

Thanks

Originally posted by SQ_SIA View Post
    Hi everyone

i was wondering why is singapore airlines using the a380 on the singapore - tokyo route? I mean its only a 6 hour flight. What is the benifit of this route?

Thanks
    Welcome to SQTalk!
    Why do you think SQ has its first A380 flight to SYD? SIN-SYD is just a slightly over 6 hours.
    I am not an expert, but some reasons might be true. For maximum utilization of the A380 aircrafts, which allow the flight rotation timely and swiftly. NRT is a very high yield station. SIN-NRT red eye flight seems always full in all classes.
    And wouldn't you think it's so great to have these: SQ is the first to fly A380 to SYD, LHR and NRT!

Comment

Deploying large aircrafts on certain routes is not necessarily a matter of distance but the demand that route commands. I have taken SQ637/638 while the megatops were flying this route and they were very full.
      My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_SIA View Post
        Hi everyone

Thanks

Wait till you see what sort of distance routes EK has in mind for their high density version coming up Will make SIN-NRT seem like a long way.

Comment

My recent SQ638 flight was full in J, thot, not sure about suites...

Comment

It would not be sensible to deploy an aircraft with such long turn around times on a very short route (say, an hour or two). At about four hours or more, other considerations typically outweigh that one. The shortest flight on which I expect to see SQ regularly deploy the WhaleJet is SIN-HKG.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
              It would not be sensible to deploy an aircraft with such long turn around times on a very short route (say, an hour or two). At about four hours or more, other considerations typically outweigh that one. The shortest flight on which I expect to see SQ regularly deploy the WhaleJet is SIN-HKG.
              EK will be flying A380 DXB-SYD-AKL. The SYD-AKL leg takes only 2 1/2 hours and just a bit longer for AKL-SYD. But, as a tag leg, there are other considerations.

Comment

I remember Singapore Airlines used to use their 747-200s, -300s, and -400s occasionally on flights from kL-singapore, which were barely 45 mins. A310 did those flights in 55mins to and hour. They used them on SQ119 at the time because that flight connected with several other flights from Singapore, and on fridays and weekends, those planes are always full.

Comment

yes did remembered those times that SQ uses its 743s to KUL - but then bec there are only 2 types of planes and the A310 could only carry 189 pax only so they deploy the 743s for the peak KUL run. Now they have the 777s which depending on the types can seat average of between 280 to 300 plus pax.

Comment

Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                    I remember Singapore Airlines used to use their 747-200s, -300s, and -400s occasionally on flights from kL-singapore, which were barely 45 mins. A310 did those flights in 55mins to and hour. They used them on SQ119 at the time because that flight connected with several other flights from Singapore, and on fridays and weekends, those planes are always full.
                    can happy happy swap equipment one? just pluck one off the hangar? i dont sq have "spare" equipment sitting around.... must be good at "last minute" re-scheduling / management of equipment

Comment

i recently took this flight and it was full in all 3 classes up to tokyo n back down to sin
                      good news for singapore airlines i guess
                      but for passengers???

Comment

SQ 11 and 12 were crazy full all of december. I was suppose to fly home to jakarta with my cousin and she couldnt get a seat till 29dec.

Comment

Working...
                        X