Singapore Airlines Reduces Fuel Surcharges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
    yes !!! SQ is charging people doing ex-AUS at absurb fare.... Unbelievable.
    ex-SYD to SIN is 1.7k AUD

Comment

Originally posted by lee_apromise View Post
      Just a quick question,
      I did a dummy booking for AKL-SIN-ICN round-way on SQ web and it says tax + surcharge is NZD77.60. Did New Zealand authority forced SQ to embed the fuel surcharge in the fare? If so, if one wants to make a mileage award seat originating from AKL to ICN via SIN, one only pays NZD77.60??
      Yes, and no. Fuel surcharge wrapped up in paid fares but separately charged on awards.

Comment

So Crude Oil is USD66 a barrel today. Unbelievable really compared to July's USD147 highs. If it stays like this the rest of the month I would hope there would be a LARGE reduction in fuel surcharges. The airlines seem to be making the news for 'slashing fuel surcharges' by taking a measly couple of dollars off!!! The surcharges should be dropped by at least 50% immediately.
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

It would also depends at what price level SQ hedged its aviation fuel and its impact.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
            It would also depends at what price level SQ hedged its aviation fuel and its impact.
            I second that. Keeping in mind that fuel surcharges haven't been a recent creation. They just kept going up but have been around for a few years now, for similar fuel prices as we have now. But if fuel prices stay where they are now, or keep falling further in the next few months, surcharges will surely come down. Slowly.
            /Desert Traveller

Comment

For those interested in the various petroleum related prices, this link may be of interest. Scroll to the bottom third to delve into jet fuel stats.

Comment

another interesting link is:

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/economi...itor/index.htm

it is updated once a week
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

well even if the fuel price have come down and also for avgas - byt for the airline like SQ it will take quite a long while before they reduces the surcharges and even when they do - its always a nominally reduction - unlike how fast SQ raise fuel surcharges when oil went up.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    well even if the fuel price have come down and also for avgas - byt for the airline like SQ it will take quite a long while before they reduces the surcharges and even when they do - its always a nominally reduction - unlike how fast SQ raise fuel surcharges when oil went up.
                    Yeah, that happens every other organisations I know. For instance, banks too. Definitely directional hysteresis.

Comment

Working...
                    X