• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
    Both IAH & SFO have 77Ws

SQ16/15 SIN-ICN-SFO
    SQ62/61 SIN-DME-IAH
    Yeah but... they dont have new product Economy class for SIN-JFK or SIN-LAX... like the 77W or A380 new Y class

Comment

Guessing that the first US route will be SFO-HKG-SIN, is this LIKELY to be in play by June 2009?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfox View Post
        Guessing that the first US route will be SFO-HKG-SIN, is this LIKELY to be in play by June 2009?
        By all accounts, looks like it. However, the same thing was said about LHR not getting the 2nd daily flight before SFO, and that turned out to be somewhat different. Nothing's been announced, and I suspect, nothing will till Airbus confirms the delivery date of SKG and SKH, which does not look likely to happen until maybe november or december this year. We'll know if it's true then.

It's hard to load inventory into the system when you don't know exactly when you CAN load it.

Comment

heard from somewhere that it was SFO that asked SQ to further their a380 plans to Q1-09.

anyways, SQ are getting their SKG & SKH before northern summer 2009 skeds. hoping for the best.

Comment

I would also bet on the SQ1/2 to get the whale. I don't have any proof or so but I tried to make a redemption booking for April 09 on SQ2 and I have seen that SQ apparently cancelled out all availability way before a possible announcement. So I figure that

a) SQ will bring the A380 to HKG and SFO soon. (though SFO needs to get A380-ready ASAP!)
            b) SQ has learned from SQ318 to LHR (canceling out redemption availabilities)

I wanted to point out again that this post is not based on facts but rather on observations I made. Please treat this info this way and not as something it isn't

Cheers!
            Home is where your heart is.

Comment

SFO has been WhaleJet-ready since the new International Terminal opened nearly a decade ago. I think it may have been the first airport in the world to be WhaleJet-ready from holding areas to gates to taxiways.

Comment

yep SFO is ready, but i'm at a loss in throwing up a piece of info that i happened to see by that said SFO officials wanted SQ A380 in Q1 of 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                  I would also bet on the SQ1/2 to get the whale. I don't have any proof or so but I tried to make a redemption booking for April 09 on SQ2 and I have seen that SQ apparently cancelled out all availability way before a possible announcement. So I figure that

a) SQ will bring the A380 to HKG and SFO soon. (though SFO needs to get A380-ready ASAP!)
                  b) SQ has learned from SQ318 to LHR (canceling out redemption availabilities)

I wanted to point out again that this post is not based on facts but rather on observations I made. Please treat this info this way and not as something it isn't

Cheers!
                  When did you try to book? I was able to book J redemption for May 2009 in June.

Comment

Working...
                  X