SQ327 MAN-SIN Equipment CHANGED!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ327 MAN-SIN Equipment CHANGED!??

Ok, so, from discussion here and general searches, I thought SQ 777-200's were all the ER models.
    Which, according to Seatguru (probably incorrect) and from discussions here, I was led to believe was a Spacebed-equipped trip.
    Now, I don't know what's happened, but yesterday's SQ328 appears to have had 3 classes..........in which case, does this mean there's a rising chance of just a recliner?
    Eeek.....

Anyway I can check for sure what metal is flying that route, either in the future or historically?
    If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Originally posted by Javaman View Post

Anyway I can check for sure what metal is flying that route, either in the future or historically?
    I always thought it was a 2 class flight... you can check what flew on that route over the past couple of days by going to www.singaporeair.com, choosing "Flight Status" and searching for the flight. What is there is the actual type of aircraft flown, but you won't be able to tell what config (eg 2 or 3 class...)
    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by Javaman View Post
      Now, I don't know what's happened, but yesterday's SQ328 appears to have had 3 classes..........
      What makes you think it had three classes ?.

Unless it's a (very rare) equipment swap then it's always served by a two class 9V-SV* bird. Yesterday's SQ327 was 9V-SVH.

I realise this is not the first time you've asked this, but it's a two class bird and is very likely to stay that way.

Comment

Would they announce First class passengers boarding if they didn't have a first class?
        I'm told by someone who went on the flight it was 3 classes.
        I don't know more than that at this stage. Seems odd, but SQ do have three configurations of 772. Though I was told there was no 1st by the booking agent, and all the evidence and vast experience on here says it's only two class.........and I'm sure SQ only ran the ER model 200 as it's the only 200 capable of that range......

SingaporeAir website only identifies the craft as "777-200" so that doesn't help clear it up any either.
        The mystery continues.......
        If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

yes you are indeed correct that all SQ 777-200s are ER models, but a couple of them were de-rated (or whatever the correct term is) and used primarily for regional flights.

There are three types of 777 configurations:

9V-SQ* series are all three-class, but with the classic first class sleeper seats and regional business class seats. Some of them have AVOD PTV, but some of them are not. They are mainly used on regional flights (medium haul) to HKG, PEK, ICN, CMB, and couple regional destinations.

9V-SR* series are two class, but with a regional business class seats and regular Y seats. There are PTVs, but non-AVOD. They are primarily used on leisure routes, such as KUL, PEN, TPE, MLE, (but also PER)...

9V-SV* series are also two class but with spacebed 2-2-2 seating in J, and a more comfortable Y cabin (slightly more legroom), and PTV AVOD equipped. They are primarily used on long haul flights to secondary cities or additional flight to support major cities, such as MAN, CHC, AKL, and SIN-TPE-LAX flights.

SQ is very good in terms of keeping the right kind of configuration on the right route, not to mention on an international long haul flight. I also doubt if some of the SQ* and SR* can handle the super long haul flights (although ER models but possible de-rated). So I won't worry much.

Carfield

Comment

I have no idea why would they announce First Class boarding, as they do not sell First Class on the MAN route. Maybe somebody misheard or was mistaken. Did they see three classes on board ?.

There is no continuing mystery, I can clear it up for you very easily : Unless there is a rare equipment swap MAN is served by a two class 772ER with SpaceBeds and will be registration number 9V-SV*.

It is not unknown for me to fly on SQ327/328.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              I have no idea why would they announce First Class boarding, as they do not sell First Class on the MAN route. Maybe somebody misheard or was mistaken. Did they see three classes on board ?.
              <snip>
              It is not unknown for me to fly on SQ327/328.
              Given the age of the passengers in question......and the general tizz they we're in when I dropped them at the aiport, having been up since 2am, they probably mis-heard, and made the association between business passengers being checked in and there' being a first as well.
              I'm trying to be generous to them, as they're my parents.....

Taking that generosity I suppose it's possible there were some FC passengers, making a connection to full FC service in Changi........

Enough generosity! My parents are SQ noobs too, and the experience probably overwhelmed them as it's easily 4 hours more flying time in one go.
              Though, on the plus side, they do say it was pretty much constant food and drink and were well-pleased....in Y! Roll on my J trip in September.

@Man Flyer.....I would never have guessed
              I just have visions of being stuck in an Emirates Y seat for stupid lengths of time again (HKG-DXB-MAN, not good, never again) so even the suggestion of having my Spacebed taken away.......

Thanks all for allaying my paranoia.

Comment

Ah, so it was yesterday's ex-MAN flight, which is SQ327 not SQ328, that's the inbound. I'll change the title of the thread.

In that case then the flight was operated by 9V-SVH, which is.....a two class 772ER with...SpaceBeds.

Don't worry, that's what you'll get.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  Ah, so it was yesterday's ex-MAN flight, which is SQ327 not SQ328, that's the inbound. I'll change the title of the thread.
                  Ah, my bad. Thanks for spotting the typo.I was trying to change their in-bound to a J-ticket while trying to decipher a badly garbled voicemail from them about the outward......
                  I don't do multi-tasking......

Comment

Working...
                  X