Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solitaire PPS Baggage Allowance From/To U.S.A.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitaire PPS Baggage Allowance From/To U.S.A.?

I'm sorry about that if this question had been ask before. As I'm planning to fly from SFO either to HKG / SIN, & back & forth, what will be the check-in baggage allowance for Solitarie PPS traveling in Business / First Class.

Recently I heard that SQ had trim down the check-in weight limit from 32kg down to 23 or 20kg, per piece, would that mean when double baggage allowance only applicable to pieces? I mean you can check-in 4 bags instead of 2 bags? But not check-in with 64kg pieces each, only 40kg pieces each?

Hope someone is experiencing can tell me the right way...! Thanks.

The allowance for TPPS as I understand it, is now 4 x 23 kgs.

Comment

i'm only qpp, but on a recent J flight sin-mnl, i was 10 kg over the 23 kg limit, and they tried to charge me 10SGD/kg. i told them to cancel my ticket and i would book on another carrier, and after 15 mins, they let me check it without paying.

Comment

I'm confused, I thought the 23kg thing was only for America/Canada bound flights, while all other flights remain at 20kg/30kg/40kg Y/J/F?
        zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
          i'm only qpp, but on a recent J flight sin-mnl, i was 10 kg over the 23 kg limit, and they tried to charge me 10SGD/kg. i told them to cancel my ticket and i would book on another carrier, and after 15 mins, they let me check it without paying.
          QPP should have privilege as this......

Increased check-in baggage allowance
          You and your immediate family members travelling with you on the same flight will enjoy a 100% increase in check-in baggage allowance when travelling on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir, irrespective of your class of travel. On Virgin Atlantic and Star Alliance airlines, you may check in an additional 20kg (44lbs) or one extra piece of baggage*. Please present your PPS Club membership card at the check-in counter to enjoy this privilege.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...uide_Jan08.pdf
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            QPP should have privilege as this......

Increased check-in baggage allowance
            You and your immediate family members travelling with you on the same flight will enjoy a 100% increase in check-in baggage allowance when travelling on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir, irrespective of your class of travel. On Virgin Atlantic and Star Alliance airlines, you may check in an additional 20kg (44lbs) or one extra piece of baggage*. Please present your PPS Club membership card at the check-in counter to enjoy this privilege.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...uide_Jan08.pdf
            that 100% increase is correct. but that means you can check 4 bags at 23 kg each, not 2 bags at 46 kg.

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
              I'm confused, I thought the 23kg thing was only for America/Canada bound flights, while all other flights remain at 20kg/30kg/40kg Y/J/F?
              From SIA website, on PPS members baggage allowance:

Increased Check-in Baggage Allowance
              When it comes to the check-in baggage allowance, you will receive a 100% increase on that permitted by the class in which you are travelling on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir. If you have immediate family members accompanying you on the same flight, they will also receive this 100% increase in allowance.
              On selected Virgin Atlantic and Star Alliance flights, you may check in an additional 20kg (44lbs) or one extra piece of baggage*.

* The piece concept applies primarily to flights to and from North America; for flights on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir, you can check in four bags instead of the usual two, on selected Virgin Atlantic and Star Alliance flights, you can check in three bags.
              UNQUOTE
              Last edited by N_Architect; 11 July 2008, 09:26 AM.

Comment

QPPS and TPPS have the same baggage allowance.

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
                  Not quite.

On tickets that include North America, then for all flights on that ticket the piece allowance applies. Each airline can have its own restriction per item (23kg or 32kg being commonly used limits).

On tickets that have no flights to or from North America, then for all flights on that ticket the weight allowance applies.

So, for SIN-MNL flight the allowance depends on what other flights there are on the same ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                    On tickets that include North America, then for all flights on that ticket the piece allowance applies. Each airline can have its own restriction per item (23kg or 32kg being commonly used limits).
                    It's not always happened that way. In one of my RTW tix, which was clearly 2 pieces printed on the ticket, Air New Zealand agent at WLG did not let us go without paying the overweight. (each piece was about 20kg. Total 40 kg per person. And as *G she insisted 30kg allowance, thus had to pay 10kg overweight.) It was two/three years ago when I traveled with check-in bags everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                      And as *G she insisted 30kg allowance, thus had to pay 10kg overweight.)
                      Happened to me twice - once by UA checkin agent in HKG, once by LH agent in SIN. Had to insist on the +20kg *G rule. Luckily I had the *G benefits booklet with me at the time.

Comment

It's not always happened that way. In one of my RTW tix, which was clearly 2 pieces printed on the ticket, Air New Zealand agent at WLG did not let us go without paying the overweight. (each piece was about 20kg. Total 40 kg per person. And as *G she insisted 30kg allowance, thus had to pay 10kg overweight.) It was two/three years ago when I traveled with check-in bags everytime.
                        Did you claim it back afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                          Did you claim it back afterwards?
                          Claimed back to whom?
                          SQ was confused with what happened. At the end we checked in the bag just for NZ WLG-AKL. Picked all the bags up. Trolleyd them to the SQ check-in, and had no problem. The check-in agents at AKL were surprised as well why the WLG agent charged us.

Comment

Claimed back to whom?
                            SQ was confused with what happened. At the end we checked in the bag just for NZ WLG-AKL. Picked all the bags up. Trolleyd them to the SQ check-in, and had no problem. The check-in agents at AKL were surprised as well why the WLG agent charged us.
                            Claim back from NZ for overcharging. I'm sure if you had followed up shortly after the flight you would have gotten a refund and an apology for the mischarging.

Comment

Hmm did not know about it.
                              Well, when my biz partner and his wife flew in to AKL, and connected to NZ to go to WLG, SQ had checked through the bags from SIN. (This was also RTW tix). After immigratioon, and customs, when they dropped off the bags at the transfer bags area, they were asked to weigh the check-in bag. Plus all the carry-on. And I don't know how, the costs were so expensive. They ended up renting a car one way to WLG...

Comment

Working...
                              X