Worth upgrading J->F HKG-SIN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth upgrading J->F HKG-SIN?

I have to use up 20K miles on Krsiflyer soon. I have already extended 10K miles in April and basically have to extend another 10K in May if I don't use it.

I have a HKG-SIN in C class at the end of May. I am thinking of upgrading it to F for 20K miles. I can't take SQ1 but the latter flight SQ 857. I know its not the same, but time factor wise, I can't make the flight.

Its either the upgrade to F or else extend 10K miles each in May and June till I figure out what to do with 38K miles. I guess I could buy/credit 2K miles and get 40K miles and eventually do an upgrade from economy to Business... maybe between ICN and YVR.

But for what its worth, do you think I should just do the C -> F from HKG?

I think you'd get much more personal value out of upgrading your SQ018 flight.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
      I have to use up 20K miles on Krsiflyer soon. I have already extended 10K miles in April and basically have to extend another 10K in May if I don't use it.

I have a HKG-SIN in C class at the end of May. I am thinking of upgrading it to F for 20K miles. I can't take SQ1 but the latter flight SQ 857. I know its not the same, but time factor wise, I can't make the flight.

Its either the upgrade to F or else extend 10K miles each in May and June till I figure out what to do with 38K miles. I guess I could buy/credit 2K miles and get 40K miles and eventually do an upgrade from economy to Business... maybe between ICN and YVR.

But for what its worth, do you think I should just do the C -> F from HKG?
      SQ857 is not the 77W. If you want to burn your soon-to-expire miles, at least do it in style on SQ861, nothing less!

Comment

I don't get to fly in F very often, and it's always a treat no matter what route or aircraft.

For your leftover miles, I'd just burn them on the HKG-SIN upgrade rather than extend them and still not be certain what to do with them.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ001 View Post
          SQ857 is not the 77W. If you want to burn your soon-to-expire miles, at least do it in style on SQ861, nothing less!
          just make sure they don't switch SQ861 into regional 772 or 773 as they look like have a habbit for this kind of job...
          if they do so.... your precious mileages will burn into asses....

Comment

Confucius say: Award in hand is worth two unclaimed in starnet.

Or something like that. Go for it now.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ001 View Post
              Yeah, but I would need 40K miles to upgrade on the 77W and not 20K miles required now.

Anyway, I'd go with the F upgrade on SQ 857 and continuing onto SQ 960 to CGK (for turnaround) as I haven't decided on my ICN-YVR flight yet and I'd have to keep renewing my monthly miles till I do so. I'm taking LH from CGK to SIN that day!
              Last edited by Guy Betsy; 6 May 2008, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X