Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the Aerobridge/Jetway used for the A380 in Singapore

Hello SQ Talk,

I had a question about the aerobridge/Jetway used at the a380 gate in singapore. We are being picked up by private car on the tarmac after we land to be taken to jetquays terminal. My Company is covering the cost for this service, so I feel very lucky indeed . I've been told someone will be waiting for me at a sidedoor on the jetway to take us to to the car. But if I remember correctly the A380 has three seperate jetways. Am I correct in thinking this? If so does anyone happen to know which one I must take.

Thanks so much

John316

Originally posted by John316 View Post
    But if I remember correctly the A380 has three seperate jetways. Am I correct in thinking this?
    That is correct - at SIN the A380 boards via 3 jetways

If so does anyone happen to know which one I must take.
    That depends on your class of service. Suites board via the furthest left jetway, main deck economy via the middle jetway, and upper deck pax (J and Y) board through the upward sloping righthandmost jetway.

Comment

I think John316 was asking where to meet the JetQuay representative to take him into a car to the JetQuay Terminal, upon arrival into SIN.
      zxcvbn

Comment

If memory serves me right, the A380 aerobridge has a common walkway before it branches out to left (lower deck) and right (upper deck). So I guess the JetQuay will be waiting for you at the common walkway where all the walkways merge.

Comment

JetQuay vs SKL

I would like to pose this question for people who have experienced both JetQuay and SKL. Is JetQuay really alot better than SKL in terms of experience as well as alternatives if one feels bored in the lounge?

Comment

Originally posted by danzer View Post
            I would like to pose this question for people who have experienced both JetQuay and SKL. Is JetQuay really alot better than SKL in terms of experience as well as alternatives if one feels bored in the lounge?
            I assume you are referring to the guys in the buggies that pick you up at the gate? I don't know about a "tarmac pickup", although I believe you can pay for that too.

The biggest problem about the buggy gate pickup from the A380 gates at T3 is that they take you all the way to the CIP immigration takes you all the way through the airport, yes, every single terminal!

By the time you've done that you'd have cleared immigration anyway at T3.

But if you like being pampered, it's very impressive. The CIP immigration lounge is very relaxing and spacious, and they will retrieve your baggage for you at the carousel, while you drink your cuppa in the dedicated CIP lounge.

This lounge used to be for visiting dignitaries and royalty, who now have a new facility. On exit, your car takes you through a private airport exit.

I experienced it as part of the Ritz Carlton pickup service. Good to experience, and if you want to impress someone, it's a very cool way to do it. I am sure many other airports could learn that they could extract even more money from pax by offering such a service. But then if everyone offered it, Changi wouldn't be Changi, would it?

Cheers, Howard

Comment

Am I correct in thinking this? If so does anyone happen to know which one I must take.
              All the jetways converge at the gate. If it's a buggy pickup, they'll be waiting for you there. At which point, you hop onto the back and simultaneously raise your ceremonial middle finger to all the other pax as you're whisked away.

It's rather a satisfying experience especially if you've had people try to push in front of you as you're in the aisle preparing to deplane, a behaviour that I detest.

A chap from J came down the stairs into R on a SYD-SIN flight I was on, blustering about making a connection to FRA. To make his day, firstly, the J airbridge deplaned before R, then secondly I jumped onto the JetQuay buggy at the gate, with my middle finger locked and loaded.

Cheers, Howard
              Last edited by Howard Long; 2 May 2008, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Long View Post
                All the jetways converge at the gate. If it's a buggy pickup, they'll be waiting for you there. At which point, you hop onto the back and simultaneously raise your ceremonial middle finger to all the other pax as you're whisked away.

It's rather a satisfying experience especially if you've had people try to push in front of you as you're in the aisle preparing to deplane, a behaviour that I detest.

A chap from J came down the stairs into R on a SYD-SIN flight I was on, blustering about making a connection to FRA. To make his day, firstly, the J airbridge deplaned before R, then secondly I jumped onto the JetQuay buggy at the gate, with my middle finger locked and loaded.

Cheers, Howard
                Thanks for the reply! Glad to know they all converge into one jetway. Im actually been booked on their jetside service which picks you up in a private car on the ground beside the plane. I've been told just to get on the aerobridge and someone will be waiting to take me down the stairs to the car by the plane. Seems like a pretty neat experiance.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Glad to know they all converge into one jetway. Im actually been booked on their jetside service which picks you up in a private car on the ground beside the plane. I've been told just to get on the aerobridge and someone will be waiting to take me down the stairs to the car by the plane. Seems like a pretty neat experiance.
                  Very cool - make sure everyone knows about it, too. Wear over-sized sunglasses, for example.

A couple who I shared a JetQuay buggy with at SIN from the SKL F lounge to the A380 gates had a limo on the tarmac at LHR, although I have no clue how it's organised.

Cheers, Howard

Comment

Working...
                  X