Duty free from LHR and connect at SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty free from LHR and connect at SIN

I'm flying to Singapore and connect flight to BKK tomorrow. Anyone know? If I buy the duty free at LHR (they do not seal bag anymore) can I still be able to bring it on board at SIN on BKK flight.

I have read on the Singapore airport website that you need to seal the duty free bag...Please anyone tell me. I have less than 15 hours before I fly....

Thank you in advance..

my suggestion is to buy at sing. its much cheaper here. so you don't have to worry much.

Comment

Originally posted by TON_UK View Post
      I'm flying to Singapore and connect flight to BKK tomorrow. Anyone know? If I buy the duty free at LHR (they do not seal bag anymore) can I still be able to bring it on board at SIN on BKK flight.
      No you won't be able to do that.

Wow, I didn't realize BAA stopped sealing bags. I would have thought this would reduce their business in the high-demand liquors.
      Last edited by jjpb3; 1 May 2008, 03:33 AM.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Be safe and buy in Singapore. And yes, as tris pointed out, things are generally cheaper in SIN.

Comment

I'm considering a similar situation. The duty-free shops at HKG have some very nice liquid items, mmmkay?, that I'd like to pick up. I'm flying SQ 001 SFO-(HKG)-SIN, then connecting to SIN-BKK. As TON UK mentioned, the Changi website indicates that you can transit Changi and not have to surrender your duty-free as long as it's still in the sealed transparent bag with the receipt showing place and date of purchase inside.

Can anyone confirm that? I'm asking: has anyone done it with success? It would be a great shame to lose the items at Changi.

Comment

I believe my father has done it successfully once, I could ask him how it went but I am pretty sure there wasn't any problem at all. He flew HKG-SIN-CGK...

Comment

Working...
            X