Straits Times: It's the Singapore Girl, not Granny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
    what in the heck are you talking about? i have never been on any airline whatsoever, where the cabin crew took food orders while rolling an oxygen tank behind them, or had trouble maneauvering their wheelchair down the aisle. didn't your parents teach you not to tell stories?
    I'm talking about cabin crew in their 70s and 80s. I'll give you just one example. On a UA flight about ten years ago, I was seated in 1B on a 747. A geriatric FA waddled up to the first row, using each seat to steady herself. She opened the closet door, poked her head inside and looked around, then closed the door and waddled back down the aisle, holding onto the seats for support. Five minutes later, she repeated this. Then again, and again, and again. When she did this the fifth time in 30 minutes, I asked "Can I help you find something?" She replied "Where's the cockpit?" I said "It's upstairs. The stairs are located near door 2." She answered "Stairs? I can't walk up stairs." She harrumphed and waddled away.

quite often, on SQ, the LS is not a beacon of youth.
    SQ cabin crew are not in their 70s and 80s -- thankfully.

besides, knowing you, it's every man for himself. you'd throw on your smokehood and would be the first person out the door, even if your mother was seated next to you.
    Knowing me? You don't know me.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
      I see that, like me, you a LH SEN. At least on LH, the cabin crew are often old, but they are never so old that they cannot self-evacuate.
      Haha, yes and the LH FA's (service) efficiency is 'deadly' so I feel safe as I think the same efficiency will be applied to all other aspects of the flight too counting in a probable evacuation which I never want to experience though.

Comment

Working...
      X