Best seats for a couple in 744 F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best seats for a couple in 744 F

Not sure if this warrants a new thread on F seat selection, but I do have some specific queries

I'm presuming that the default "couples" seats are 3 and 4 C/D, and can obviously see the advantage of these - free and easy to chat, ching glasses of krug , try a little bit of each other's meal etc. (but no dot dot dot of course ), but both mrs nickbot and I love to have window seats. We're therefore thinking of opting for 2F, 3F or 2A, 3A, but are conscious that this means we're fairly well separated.

I know it's a wonderful dilemna to have, and I'm not complaining in the slightest, but I'd very much appreciate the thoughts of those with more experience than my current sample size of zero

IMO, 1B and 2A might work.
    1B is a bit away from the windows, but at least there is nothing between your seat and the windows.
    It is easier to communicate with each other from these two seats than 2F/3F or 2A/3A.

Enjoy your flights on the SkySuite!

Comment

I'll recommend 3C/D.. you can see out the windows enough, but yes, the chink-chink of Krug glasses is most pleasurable!!!!

Comment

Thanks for the pointers so far guys

Comment

I would also recommend 3CD. Studies have shown that the most comforting thing about seeing out an aircraft window is keeping oneself oriented with the horizon, rather than looking down at the ground. The former should be very easy from 3CD.

Comment

Unless you choose 3 or 4 CD, you're going to be fairly well separated from SWMBO. It is F, and after all they didn't design it so that you'd be snuggling up to someone whom you didn't know.

Comment

I had to Google SWMBO!

Still undecided, but very much appreciate everyone's input thank you!

Comment

Personally I would for 3A and 4A why waste your time in F talking you can do that anytime.

Comment

Contrary to the (useful and most appreciated) advice of others in the thread, I think Lobster is probably on my wavelength with this one. After all, if we enable seat to seat calling on KrisWorld I can always give mrs nickbot a call

I just think that the window view is such a high priority to us both that we'd feel short changed by being in the conventional "couples" seats. That said, I wonder what our chances are of being bumped out of, say, 3A and 4A into the couples seats if one or more QPP/TPP/LPP's decided they wanted SA or 4A?

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                    Personally I would for 3A and 4A why waste your time in F talking you can do that anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                      LOL!!!

However, Mrs McCoy and I have travelled quite a bit in Virgin's UC, and we usually get sore necks from turning round to chat to each other. Being next to each other in SQ F is much better.

But looking out the window at thousands of miles of clouds isn't a priority for us...

Bottom line: I guarantee you will love it, whatever seats you pick!!

Comment

I've only been in F on the 747 once, but I'd actually recommend 2D and 2F. They are very close to each other, and 2D opens to the right so the two of you would have the front right of the aircraft to yourselves

Comment

Thanks everyone once again for your help, both mrs nickbot and I very much appreciate the advice - I may, however, have to duck for cover when I reveal the seats we've chosen...

...we decided in the end that being next to a window was more important to us personally than being sat side by side, so we're booked into 2F and 3F. At least with plenty of space in the F cabin, I think we should be able to interact with each other perfectly well - I suppose the only time we'll perhaps really miss the direct interaction is during meal service, or watching a film together. Of course, *if* we had the new F (or indeed J) seats, we'd be able to sit side by side!

Thank you all once again - we're both very much looking forward to our first SQ F experience

EDIT...actually, perhaps 3F and 4F might be better,...does one feel a little hemmed in when sat in 2F?

Comment

Why not get all four seats in row 3 or all of row 4? Then you can sit together to eat and sit in window seats when you want to look out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                              Why not get all four seats in row 3 or all of row 4? Then you can sit together to eat and sit in window seats when you want to look out the window.
                              Because there's only the two of us, (on award tickets) - we simply couldn't afford to buy two additional seats! Of course, if there are empty seats on the flight we can do as you suggest.

Comment

Working...
                              X