SQ policy for pax and a rude blue cabin crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ policy for pax and a rude blue cabin crew

I have read lots of comments about your bad experience in SQ...so do I.

Back to June/July 2007, I flew SQ between Australia and Germany via SIN. I had had done four flights. One of my flights (from FRA-SIN), I was so excited to fly on a new B77W. I met four SQ girls when I entered the new B77W's door. They tried to understand me in english (my first language is Korean) but none of them could. However, only one blue girl could understand me very little and a green girl told her to take care of me and told me to follow her. Inside the plane, I was suprised to see that the seats and interior cabin looked very new and clean. I said "Wow! that's cool". However, a blue girl heard that and thought that i was weird or something I don't know (because I saw her face - looked like she didn't like me) and asked her male colleague (old indian man) to show me where my seat is. He did and he didnt introduce himself and didn't tell me about safety brief. That's strange. (I had done three flights, they always instructed me about safety brief which means that they showed me where the life vests and oxygen mask and emergency exits are). Then a blue girl left quickly and wanted to keep away from me.

After take off, i saw a blue girl who didn't like me handed the hot towel to me and other pax as well. I said to myself "Oh what a bummer!...it won't be good on my flight!". Serving meals, same her again. She still didn't like me again. I wasn't comfortable with her. She looked weird and strange. After meals, i saw her again walking down the aisle. Then I asked her whether I can have another dish. She sighed and said," In our policy, we serve one dish per pax only". Is that true?

QUESTION: Why SQ won't allow to give pax 2nd dish? or she didn't like me.

When we flew at late night, i was walking to the toilet and I saw her sitting on the jumpseat alone. She didn't look happy and didn't feel like to work on the plane. Then why she wanted to be a cabin crew? What for? Probably, she has chosen the wrong job or probably she is a newbie crew? - I don't think so cos she didnt wear white face. Then I asked her whether she has got some postcard and sourveior for me. She went to the galley to look for one and gave it to me. I said "Thank you!" But she didn't smile. She needs to get a life.

Before landing, a friendly green girl came to talk to her. She told her that there was someone waiting for me in the airport. I overheard what she said about me, "That's him again?" with her finger pointed to me but I couldnt hear the rest. So she came to see me and said please wait for me when we stopped at the gate.

After all the pax were all gone, she came to see me and told me to follow her. But I told her to stop and wanted to take photo of the new business class seats but she kept walking and pretended she could not understand me. It showed me that she refused to help me. But another colleague told her to stop and asked her why she didn't want to help me. She said I didn't feel like to help him and told him to help me. Then she walked away from me. That's very bad attitude!

Overall, I was happy to fly on the B77W but had bad experience with a blue girl's problem. It's not SQ fault but it's her personal problems.

However, back to Australia, one of the blue girl is very generous, considerate and friendly to me I've ever had. She was doing her job very well for me and was happy to help me. For example, I was going to ask someone to take photo of the first class. But she saw me and asked me whether she would like to help me to take photo of me in the first class seat. She was very considerate and a good crew.

So I don't know whether I will fly on SQ again...
    Last edited by luftie; 12 April 2008, 02:35 PM. Reason: adding/changing words

Everything has Ups and Downs yeah? Good to hear that your return trip to AUS was good though...

Comment

Originally posted by luftie View Post
      After meals, i saw her again walking down the aisle. Then I asked her whether I can have another dish. She sighed and said," In our policy, we serve one dish per pax only". Is that true?

QUESTION: Why SQ won't allow to give pax extra dishes? or she didn't like me.
      Am I misunderstanding or did you want a second meal after eating your first?

Comment

Originally posted by simong View Post
        Am I misunderstanding or did you want a second meal after eating your first?
        Yes I mean i want a second meal after eating my first. In SQ menu, you can choose two meals. But i want to have both.

Comment

Anyong Haseyo!

Language differences are a funny thing. Perhaps it was just a little miscommunication?

Comment

Yes I mean i want a second meal after eating my first. In SQ menu, you can choose two meals. But i want to have both.
            Perhaps they no longer have any meals left?
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              Perhaps they no longer have any meals left?
              No she didnt say that... I need to find out whether she is telling me the truth or not
              Last edited by luftie; 12 April 2008, 03:57 PM.

Comment

simong and others... one question to ask you

I need to hear your feedback please.

Ok...Can you please tell me which one you dont understand? I will try to make it clear! Wrong grammar? bad sentence structure? bad meaning?
                Last edited by luftie; 12 April 2008, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I had done three flights, they always instructed me about safety brief which means that they showed me where the life vests and oxygen mask and emergency exits are
                  I have never encountered this on any flight in my life.

Comment

simong and others... one question to ask you

I need to hear your feedback please.

Ok...Can you please tell me which one you dont understand? I will try to make it clear! Wrong grammar? bad sentence structure? bad meaning?
                    I understood perfectly......your english is good enough...no worries there...though there is a small number of grammar mistakes but who cares really.....

Comment

Can I clarify if you are one of those pax they call a Meet-And-Assist pax? Which means that you require assistance either on board a plane or at the airport? Because you mentioned that your first language is Korean, so they may have classified you as a Non-English Speaking Pax. Which in this case they should have briefed you on the safety aspects of your flight...
                      Have you checked your blind spot lately?

Comment

Since we are on the topic of the SQ girl, i heard that SIA has dropped the high standard selection for new recruitment due to the need of new cabin crews. Training is only 2 months rather then 4. Is this all a rumor?

Comment

He didand he didnt introduce himself and didn't tell me about safety brief. That's strange. (I had done three flights, they always instructed me about safety brief which means that they showed me where the life vests and oxygen mask and emergency exits are). Then a blue girl left quickly and wanted to keep away from me.

Maybe because on those flights the inflight entertainment system wasn't working? So that was why they needed to do the safety demo manually?

These kind of stuff is normally shown on the safety video as the aircraft is getting pushed back.

You can find SQ's safety video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXbN5H7KBLA

(The above link is to an external website and may not represent the views of the users of SQ talk)

Comment

Originally posted by singaporeairlinesboi View Post
                            Since we are on the topic of the SQ girl, i heard that SIA has dropped the high standard selection for new recruitment due to the need of new cabin crews. Training is only 2 months rather then 4. Is this all a rumor?
                            They did step up the recruitment. As to whether the standard has dropped, we will only find out soon. Yeah the training period has been reduced. This is because the new crews will be operating only the B777 aircraft.

Comment

Nice touch the crew showing you the lifevest, emergency exits and such. However, I would have to agree that that particular blue girl was very rude.

BTW, your English is perfect!
                              zxcvbn

Comment

Working...
                              X