No announcement yet.

A345 New Seat Map available now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first all-business class service will begin on 15 May 2008 from SIN-EWR.
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
      The first all-business class service will begin on 15 May 2008 from SIN-EWR.
      Seems like the refitted A345 made its test flight today as SQ3451.

Comment

The refited A345 is a lot better than the old Spacebeds. It is all C with 100 seats, 2 reserved for crew rest, 98 marketable. The seats look like the A380 seats, but feels a little narrower. I didn't measure them, it is just my feel. There are no storage bins by the windows, it is just an 8 inch gap. Kind of strange. Overall, I think 77W has the best C seats, followed by A380 than A345.

Comment

Adding storage bins under the windows would have added weight. The requirement to minimize weight is especially pressing with ULH ops.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
            The refited A345 is a lot better than the old Spacebeds. It is all C with 100 seats, 2 reserved for crew rest, 98 marketable. The seats look like the A380 seats, but feels a little narrower. I didn't measure them, it is just my feel. There are no storage bins by the windows, it is just an 8 inch gap. Kind of strange. Overall, I think 77W has the best C seats, followed by A380 than A345.
            Any pictures?

Comment

Overall, I think 77W has the best C seats, followed by A380 than A345.
              I guess that must be in the context of the seats relative to the aircarft cabin size? Can you elaborate? It will help me make some decision about my upcoming flights. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                I guess that must be in the context of the seats relative to the aircarft cabin size? Can you elaborate? It will help me make some decision about my upcoming flights. Many thanks.
                It is entirely based on the comfort of the C seats. The 77W seats are the widest, A380 seats are narrower but longer (pitch), while A345 seats are slightly narrower than A380. That's just my personal opinion, not based on measurements.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  Any pictures?
                  Didn't bring my camera. Sorry! I am too shy to take pictures in the cabin anyway.

Comment

It is entirely based on the comfort of the C seats. The 77W seats are the widest, A380 seats are narrower but longer (pitch), while A345 seats are slightly narrower than A380. That's just my personal opinion, not based on measurements.
                    If I am not mistaken, the A380 seats are wider than those on 77W cushion wise. A380 seat cushions measure at 34 inch against the 30 inch of the 77W seat cushions except for the seats on 11 A/K and 12 A/K.

77W seats do have the side / middle consoles with the extra padding that the A380 seats do not have.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                      If I am not mistaken, the A380 seats are wider than those on 77W cushion wise. A380 seat cushions measure at 34 inch against the 30 inch of the 77W seat cushions except for the seats on 11 A/K and 12 A/K.

77W seats do have the side / middle consoles with the extra padding that the A380 seats do not have.
                      I think the whole seat "cushion width" measure is smoke and mirrors by SQ, to make the A380 seem like the flagship product.

The fact is that the 777 cabin is wider than the A330/340 and A380 upperdeck. Hence if a 1-2-1 layout is used, the 777 will naturally be more spacious, width-wise. Of course they can and do make up for this by increasing the pitch.

Comment

Working...
                      X