X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financing Arranged for 6 Previously Ordered A330-300s

AWAS buys 6 Airbus A330s for Singapore Airlines
    Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:07pm GMT

DUBLIN (Reuters) - Dublin-based aircraft leasing firm AWAS has agreed to buy six new A330-300 aircraft from Airbus (EAD.PA: Quote, Profile, Research), AWAS said on Wednesday.

"The first of these aircraft will be delivered in 2009 and all will be leased to Singapore Airlines (SIAL.SI: Quote, Profile, Research). The transaction has been valued to Airbus at USD $1.2 billion at list prices," AWAS said in a statement.

The order is on top of an earlier one for up to 100 A320 Airbus aircraft, which AWAS announced in January.

(Reporting by Andras Gergely and Paul Hoskins)

anybody confirm if this is a fresh order or just a follow-up of the 19 ordered earlier due to delays in 787 & retiring older 772?

Comment

This appears to be part of the previously announced order for 19 leased A330s. We now know who the lessor will be.

Comment

According to two users on airliners.net who cite "reliable" sources, it is actually an add on order so 19 + 6 = 25 leased A330s.

Deliveries start October 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
          According to two users on airliners.net who cite "reliable" sources, it is actually an add on order so 19 + 6 = 25 leased A330s.
          I read that thread and I'm very skeptical. I would put money on these 6 being part of the previous 19.

I'm delighted to see that A330 deliveries will start in October 2008. I'm really hoping well see new regional business class seats.

Comment

I guess it's part of the 19 orders also. Wouldn't it be too much for SQ to operate 25 A333 just because of replacing the old 772s and the delays of 787?

However I am delighted that it would start delivering in October 2008....

And besides the new regional business class, is the New F and Y installed? Which route it would be operating?

Sorry for too much questions here...

Comment

Originally posted by kentip View Post
              And besides the new regional business class, is the New F and Y installed? Which route it would be operating?

Sorry for too much questions here...
              It's not too many questions.

Y will most likely be the same as on the 777-300ER and the WhaleJet. There is no reason for it to be different. We'll have to wait and see about F. If it were my decision, I would probably not include F, but I don't have all the data.

Comment

let's hope that the A333s be fitted with the same seats as the 77W - altho there is still some lingering doubt that the J seats will not be that of the
                77Ws as SQ has said that these A333s are for regional use; and the fact that these planes are on lease for 5 years only till the 787s n A350s begin to arrive. The EY seats should be the same as 77W - only the J seats remains the question.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                  let's hope that the A333s be fitted with the same seats as the 77W - altho there is still some lingering doubt that the J seats will not be that of the
                  77Ws as SQ has said that these A333s are for regional use; and the fact that these planes are on lease for 5 years only till the 787s n A350s begin to arrive. The EY seats should be the same as 77W - only the J seats remains the question.
                  Some are on 5 year leases, some on 6 year leases. I think the chances of the A330s having the same business class seats as the 777-300ER, the WhaleJet, and soon the A340-500 are close to zero because the seating density is too low to be economically viable for regional flights. I hope to be wrong on this. Anyway, the terms of the leases are not short enough to affect the seating to be installed.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                    It's not too many questions.

Y will most likely be the same as on the 777-300ER and the WhaleJet. There is no reason for it to be different. We'll have to wait and see about F. If it were my decision, I would probably not include F, but I don't have all the data.
                    It would be great to see new Y in the 333. Waiting anxiously to see whether the New F is installed!

Comment

Originally posted by kentip View Post
                      Waiting anxiously to see whether the New F is installed!
                      I'm almost hoping that SQ don't install F in the A330s. I'm more interested in what sort of C seats they install. 80% of my flying on SQ in C; only 20% is in F.

Comment

I would think we'll get a combination of 2- & 3- class A330s, as we do with the 772s.

F isn't needed for sectors like KUL, DPS, etc., but there is sufficient demand on other sectors like CGK, HKG, India & China.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          I would think we'll get a combination of 2- & 3- class A330s, as we do with the 772s.

F isn't needed for sectors like KUL, DPS, etc., but there is sufficient demand on other sectors like CGK, HKG, India & China.
                          I see your point, but 19 is already a small fleet to divide into subfleets. There is quite a bit of scheduling efficiency to be gained by maintaining the A330s as a uniform fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                            I see your point, but 19 is already a small fleet to divide into subfleets. There is quite a bit of scheduling efficiency to be gained by maintaining the A330s as a uniform fleet.
                            Yeah, I totally agree with your point. Let's say they decides to divide into 9 aircrafts with 3-class and the rest with 2-class. A new regional F product for 9 planes? No way would anyone do that!

Moreover, it is not as if SQ is going to replace the whole 777 fleet with the 333. They would probably replace the 2-class 777 with the new 333.
                            We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                              A new regional F product for 9 planes? No way would anyone do that!
                              Some heavily subsidized airlines would, but SQ would not.

In the event that SQ install F in their A330-300s, I think it would be an adaptation of the F from the 777-300ER (just a few inches narrower).

Comment

Working...
                              X