X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checking in for two seats on same flight

Hi all,

I'm wondering...

Suppose I travel with a friend on a Q-class GV2 fare from SIN-BKK-SIN.

When in Bangkok, I then purchase a C-class ticket BKK-SIN-SYD, with BKK-SIN on the same flight as my return Q-class ticket.

Any problems to check-in for both seats - one in economy and one in business?

Thanks in advance.

It's a dupe. Can't be done. The manifest will also read +1 when boarding, headcount one less.

I asked about this before

Comment

Hmm, thanks, tho not what I wanted to hear.

So even in the same class of service? One can't buy 2 Y seats for the additional comfort?

Comment

You could probably do it for the purpose of carrying a musical instrument. The airline will not try to assess the value of the musical instrument. It just has to look plausible. Of course, you probably won't earn miles for the second seat. Also, musical instruments occupying passenger seats are required to be in window seats so as to not impair evacuation.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          So even in the same class of service? One can't buy 2 Y seats for the additional comfort?
          I don't know about SQ but you can do this on BA:

http://trade-uk--questions.custhelp....i=&p_topview=1

Question
          Extra Seats for personal use or cabin baggage.

Answer

British Airways offers its customer the ability to book an extra seat. There are many reasons why a customer might book an extra seat, the most common are for:

1. Personal comfort – The customer requires more space than one seat provides, due to oversize or injury. Booking Keyword EXST

2. Baggage in Cabin – The customer is travelling with baggage that has to be accommodated in the cabin. This includes musical instruments and any highly valuable items. Booking Keyword CBBG

3. Diplomatic baggage – The customer is carrying Diplomatic baggage that needs to be accommodated in the cabin. Booking Keyword DIPB

4. Pet in the cabin – The customer is travelling with an assistance dog. Only booked in the world traveller cabin (not booked in premium as there is enough space) at no charge to the customer. Booking Keyword PETC

Comment

Working...
          X