To LAX via TPE or NRT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To LAX via TPE or NRT?

Which of the above routings to LAX is better for J class?

When the 77W was on the LAX route, it was a no-brainer to choose the 77W flight via TPE. But now between the 772 via TPE or the 744 via NRT, which would be the preferable choice? Both have Spacebeds. The 772 is presumably in better shape wear and tear wise but the chance of 17AK on the 774 upperdeck is attractive to me as I haven't been there in a while.

I have not transited through NRT since 2000 but I presume NRT would be preferable as a transit stop to TPE? Wld an afternoon arrival in TBIT be better (in terms of clearing CIQ) than an evening one?

Depends on how you define better, I personally prefer via TPE for a number of reasons having done both routes.

Foremost, the 12+hr sector from TPE-LAX allows a longer uninterrupted sleep vs NRT route. May not work for you but it does for me.
    Getting into LAX in the evening also allows me to get to bed soon after without having to fight jet-lag.
    I also like the coffee Jelly in TPE SKL. NRT doesn't have it
    I like TPE also, was at one time my most regular destination so perhaps I have a soft spot for it.

Comment

It also depends if you have any other internal connecting flights at LAX and the corresponding transit time.

Comment

Also depends on whether Singapore is your origin/destination. Connections to and from SQ 11/12 at Singapore require an overnight, whereas connections from the TPE flights do not.

Comment

Working...
        X