SQ female cabin crew age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ female cabin crew age

My friend and I discussed about her who wore green uniform but we don't know how old she is.

I know it's rude to ask them but their uniforms can tell us how old they are. I guess that:-

Blue - about 18 to 25 years old?
    Green - about 26 to 35 years old?
    Red - about 36 to 40 years old?
    Purple - about 41 to 45 years old?
    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 16 February 2008, 10:52 PM. Reason: Irrelevant statement removed

I saw a male cabin crew on an United Airlines, and he exactly looked like a KFC grandpa. I guess age really doesn't matter.

Comment

I would imagine that is that your estimated age range is pretty reasonable.

The probability of getting a promotion from say a LS/LSS to CS/CSS in something like 2.5% per Annum from what I heard.

I wonder if SQ will often not extend the contracts of those who do not make it and past the age group? There maybe something wrong with my perception, but I don't get to see that many of the female FAs outside of the range provided in the early post.

Comment

The kebayas make them look young. Keep in mind that the range overlaps as they are not promoted by age.

See this:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1190

Based on comments from above:

Blue < 35 (they can be hired up to 28)
        Green < 40
        Red < 40
        Purple < 55

Those are "retirement" ages, so most of the crew you meet will be younger than that.
        Last edited by TerryK; 17 February 2008, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by luftie View Post

Blue - about 18 to 25 years old?
          Green - about 26 to 35 years old?
          Red - about 36 to 40 years old?
          Purple - about 41 to 45 years old?
          Actually, I think SQ cabin service is still the best among the others, especially the crews' enthusiasm, hospitality and quick response to the customers.

So I think no matter what age group she refers to, the servicing quality will not be affected. The main difference is that the older one will have more experience. As SQ is not UA or NW. Ha Ha Ha ......

Comment

I've been walking around the SIN airport for long time. I never never see any crew who wear purple uniform. Why? Maybe, it's hard for them to be promoted or they arent beautiful anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by luftie View Post
              I've been walking around the SIN airport for long time. I never never see any crew who wear purple uniform. Why? Maybe, it's hard for them to be promoted or they arent beautiful anymore.
              My dear, I have no idea how old you are and how often you fly, but I will give you the reality that there are many female IFS. And I had them on my flights too often, thus I had not updated the thread that I started.
              Here is the link:

Kebaya IFS

Comment

Working...
              X