No announcement yet.

Which are the A380 & 77W Business Class seats that are reserved for PPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations for joining SQTalk BlueSky and congrautlations for choosing Singapore Airlines to Sydney!

Comment

Bluesky, welcome to SQTalk!

Originally posted by Bluesky View Post
      What are the chances of being presented with a boarding pass at the gate for centre seats or worst seats in the class because a PPS member wished to have my seat?
      I think the chances of this happening are very very low so I wouldn't even think about the possibility.

Enjoy your trip!

Comment

Hi All. Been lurking here on SQT for many months. First post!
        Welcome !

…aaaargh I can’t wait!
        I'd be excited too. Sounds like a great trip.

but I will try and put together some sort of trip report if anyone is interested.
        Yes, that would be really nice!

Only one thing worries me after reading this thread. I am very particular about where I sit on airplanes. Basically if it’s not a window seat, I’m miserable. For the 4 legs of the journey, have confirmed 14A on 744 and 19A, 17K and 14A on A380. What are the chances of being presented with a boarding pass at the gate for centre seats or worst seats in the class because a PPS member wished to have my seat?
        Firstly I doubt very much that people are that nasty. It's a rare occurence for one, and even rarer when it's not resolved to both parties' satisfaction. I really won't worry about it too much.
        Secondly, I doubt very much any PPS member will want to wrest 14A and 19A away from you on the 744. 17K on the 380, maybe, but then I'm not convinced about the virtues of that particular seat. It really is like sitting in the middle of a fish market. 14A on the other hand - is quite a nice one, seeing it's in the smaller front cabin. On the 380, 1/2 the seats are window seats, and the beauty of it is that they're all more or less equal.

Wouldn't worry too much about it right now

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, Bluesky! I am sure you will enjoy your flight!

Comment

SQflyergirl, DeltaFlyingProf, jhm, Singapore Air, thanks a lot for your responses, greetings and reassurance!

[QUOTE=SQflyergirl;52524]

.....It really is like sitting in the middle of a fish market.

I recall from a previous post that 17K on the A380 was not your favourite seat. I’m interested to see what I’ll make of it….. although I’ll probably be so enamoured with J class flying that any noise or scents from the adjacent galley would go completely unnoticed by me. I’ll certainly pop my thoughts into that trip report. Thanks again. K

Comment

Well better late than never. Welcome to SQTalk, Bluesky! And a warm welcome in advance to the South West Pacific!
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I recall from a previous post that 17K on the A380 was not your favourite seat. I’m interested to see what I’ll make of it….. although I’ll probably be so enamoured with J class flying that any noise or scents from the adjacent galley would go completely unnoticed by me. I’ll certainly pop my thoughts into that trip report. Thanks again. K
                Welcome to SQTalk, Bluesky.

Are you referring to this thread? Would you want to post when are your travel dates so that this PITA whiner can bump you out from your assigned seats?

Note: Go to SQ website, and look up your PNR (booking reference). You should see the seats assignment there. Print it out. And try to check every month as well as a week or 3 days prior to your departure. Therefore, you will have the proof that you have been assigned the particular seats. And don't worry, I don't have a nerve for bumping out someone. Have a good trip...

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
                  Btw, how do u rank LPP, QPP or TPP? Had got no abs idea on the ranking of PPS club members. Even the SQ website made no mention of such abbreviation.
                  The current system seems to be TPP and LPP (Solitaire and Lifetime Solitaire) above QPP (ordinary PPS) above non-PPS. Within each of those groups, ties seem to be broken by Current PPS Value.

Under the old system, LPP was higher than TPP and ties were broken by years in the PPS program.

Comment

G'day Folks,

Another newbie here.... took my first flights on SQ last month.. 380 and 772.. both in Y (but I won't say unfortunately as the 380 flight at least was outstanding!)..

Interested in this thread as I am flying on SQ16 in C in the near future.. booked on a third party website that allowed me to select seats.. so I chose 11A. We'll see.....

Like a previous poster I'm pretty excited about it... given the quality of service in Y on my first SQ flight I must say my expectations have been raised pretty high for this next trip!

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      The current system seems to be TPP and LPP (Solitaire and Lifetime Solitaire) above QPP (ordinary PPS) above non-PPS. Within each of those groups, ties seem to be broken by Current PPS Value.

Under the old system, LPP was higher than TPP and ties were broken by years in the PPS program.
                      As far as I know, my LPP SUPP card is still higher priority than your TPP.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                        As far as I know, my LPP SUPP card is still higher priority than your TPP.
                        That's not what I've been told by SQ's PPS Changes Department. They say all TPP and LPP are now equal except as measured by Current PPS Value and, of course, that LPP doesn't expire.

Comment

Working...
                        X