Slapping Incident?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slapping Incident?

Read in Today internet edition on a lawsuit from an SQ Inflight attendant against the wife of the CEO of Venture Corp relating to an incident onboard an SQ flight.

FA claimed she was slapped by the wife relating to a chat between her husband and the FA.

Link: http://www.todayonline.com/pdf_main....bdate=20080212

Yes - well that's an unfortunate incident isn't it! Oh dear.

Comment

I thought this had been settled. Obviously not!.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
        Yes - well that's an unfortunate incident isn't it! Oh dear.
        Yes, it is very sad. Important to keep one's cool as much as possible. And it is a reminder to myself too! Wonder why such a matter could have been settled out of court.

Comment

I wonder how much damages she would be asking for. Do Singapore courts give lots of money for "emotional and mental distress"?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
            I wonder how much damages she would be asking for. Do Singapore courts give lots of money for "emotional and mental distress"?
            It depends on your status in society. If you are a nobody, then whatever suffering is less, compared to if you are a famous person.

Quite common for politicians in Singapore to suffer a lot of emotional and mental distresss when they are defamed. The damages can be easily S$500K or more.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
              Huh...most cases are settled out of court in Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
                Quite common for politicians in Singapore to suffer a lot of emotional and mental distresss when they are defamed. The damages can be easily S$500K or more.
                A good way to bankrupt and hence silence your opponents!

Comment

and also disqualify them from being able to stand for election

Comment

I read from an annual report that the CEO was a former director of SIA Engineering until middle of 2006. Apparently a very bright individual and a former Fulbright Scholar. Not easy for him to see his name in the newspaper relating to the incident.

So far the comments from SQ as follows: When contacted, an SIA spokesperson said that this was a personal matter and the airline did not wish to comment.

I did not think an SQ employee being slapped during duty is considered a private matter. But again, I will qualify that I do not know what happened behind the scene and whether SQ is providing the necessary support to the staff concerned or having the complete picture of the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post

So far the comments from SQ as follows: When contacted, an SIA spokesperson said that this was a personal matter and the airline did not wish to comment.

I did not think an SQ employee being slapped during duty is considered a private matter. But again, I will qualify that I do not know what happened behind the scene and whether SQ is providing the necessary support to the staff concerned or having the complete picture of the matter.
                      Thank you LionCity for bringing balance to an otherwise, biased view as posted earlier by the OP.

The Airline doesn't want to comment on personal matters does not mean they do not lend support to its employees for harassments or abuses.

In fact, the airline takes a very serious view of any pax who harass or physically abuse any of it's employees. However, sometimes it's up to the staff, in rare cases, to want to proceed with legal preceedings or not.

Comment

Businessman's wife slapped me on flight, says stewardess

Deleted
                        Last edited by Megatop; 17 November 2011, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Solitaire View Post

The Airline doesn't want to comment on personal matters does not mean they do not lend support to its employees for harassments or abuses.

In fact, the airline takes a very serious view of any pax who harass or physically abuse any of it's employees. However, sometimes it's up to the staff, in rare cases, to want to proceed with legal preceedings or not.
                          There is an interesting letter in the ST's Forum page that a writer wrote in to mention that SQ should support the staff in such incident and the link as follows:

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BFor...ry_206991.html

Will be interesting to see what is SQ's response.

Comment

Is that true that Madam Tan Siew Hoon was a SQ girl?

Comment

if she is, then the chances of the SQ girl winning will be very high as the judge will say that she should know that is right and wrong. BTW she should be thankful as this may become a criminal case

Comment

Working...
                              X