First 9V-SKB fault: fuel pump defect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 9V-SKB fault: fuel pump defect

It seems that the latest whalejet to come into operation has suffered its first technical fault...

According to the official notice to passengers (I'm waiting at the SKL C side as I type this), a "defect in fuel tank 2" was found in SIN and "had to be rectified prior to the aircraft departure".

Subsequently, this has led to a 2-hour delay of the flight arriving into SYD, and will result in the following flight leaving SYD (SQ220) at 1130 now, instead of the originally-scheduled 0850. Arrival will be approx. 1625 SIN time.

I was not impressed to hear about this setback, given that I'm SO wanting to get some sleep at the moment... grrr

Oh dear so this is the second Defects to occur to the A380 fleet, at least officially.

Poor SKB.

Comment

As i was working near SKB on the day it was delayed and i heard from my collegue working on that aircraft that the had to change the fuel boost pump. not sure which one but that was the reason for the delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
        Oh dear so this is the second Defects to occur to the A380 fleet, at least officially.

Poor SKB.
        What was the 1st official defect?

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
          I don't think pushing SKA into the grass was a smart move.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
            From a technical dispatch perspective, the aircraft's only technical delay to date was on 4 January, when departure from Singapore was held up for 29min due to a spurious failure warning, says Mhun. "There was a standby static probe heating failure message, this was not a true failure but required a reset of the system to clear the warning."

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...ice-entry.html

Comment

Working...
            X