Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you care about what's in the F Lounge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you care about what's in the F Lounge?

Why some of you quite fascinated about F Class Lounge, You still can buy food and drink outside which is better quality. Dom Perignon? you can get Dom Perignon in Selfridges London for £120 (120 Pounds), so not a big deal....

I hardly to use J and F lounge while travelling on SQ or any other star alliance partner since it does have anything to do. Changi airport has many to explore.....

Lounge is useful after such a long flight and connecting to other destination, then u can have a shower, free drinks, and little bit of rest.. apart from that is quite boring to sit in the lounge...

Originally posted by SQ Elite Gold View Post
    Why some of you quite fascinated about F Class Lounge, You still can buy food and drink outside which is better quality. Dom Perignon? you can get Dom Perignon in Selfridges London for £120 (120 Pounds), so not a big deal....
    Because a decent food-drinks offering would obviate the need to go outside for food or to go to Selfridges.
    I hardly to use J and F lounge while travelling on SQ or any other star alliance partner since it does have anything to do. Changi airport has many to explore.....
    You'll find that many SQTalkers have gone through Changi so much that they no longer have the urge to explore, and would prefer to relax in the lounge. Hence the expectations.
    Lounge is useful after such a long flight and connecting to other destination, then u can have a shower, free drinks, and little bit of rest.. apart from that is quite boring to sit in the lounge...
    Why do you think people are disappointed with the showers, drinks on offer, and the absence of sofas?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

not a big deal? this has to be one of the sillyest comments ever! first off, 120 pounds is a lot of money! second, some people want to enjoy a single glass of dom perignon, and even if they have the financial means to afford a whole bottle, are not going to open it up to enjoy a single glass before take off and then throw the rest away. third, for an airline that boasts about "the service even other airlines talk about"- well, you would have a tough time convincing a lot of people that is the case, when the ground experience leaves so much to be desired. sorry, but i strongly digress from your comments.

Comment

Well, if you can afford paying C or F class ticket on SQ, then what is the meaning of 120 Pounds?. Although Many travelers been to changi airport but still changi offers activity to do. I have been to changi and start to fly F and C SQ while 2 years old, so... uncountable may be before you step to Singapore .

Eat at Wisma Atria Fourth Floor or Crystal Jade Restaurant in Takashimaya before you head to airport still worth it and nice decent food as well then rest kill time at changi airport.

I prefer Krug dan DP anyway... Got 5 bottles for each of them during last christmas in London and still worth it. Enjoying my self.... 1200 Pounds... worth for investment....

Comment

Point missed completely. As confirmed in the title of the thread.

Thanks for telling us there are things to explore in Changi. I'd never thought of that before.

BTW, if someone is paying £125 for a bottle of Dom, find a new supplier. Pronto.

Comment

Well, if you can afford paying C or F class ticket on SQ, then what is the meaning of 120 Pounds?
            Eat at Wisma Atria Fourth Floor or Crystal Jade Restaurant in Takashimaya before you head to airport still worth it and nice decent food as well then rest kill time at changi airport.
            Good for you that you can afford C or F, but if you read closely what taipeiflyer wrote, he was pointing out that a passenger might not want to consume an entire bottle. In that case, a glass might be a nice way to kick off or break the trip; a bottle would be too much.

Just because people can afford C or F (I'm pretty confident that group includes taipeiflyer) doesn't mean they don't evaluate the value of any expenditure.

The lounge experience is increasingly an integral part of a premium class offering. That's why many premium pax care about it. It's not about the fact that there are F&B options in the outside terminal or, as you argue, in the city itself .
            Last edited by jjpb3; 21 January 2008, 03:09 AM.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              Good for you that you can afford C or F, but if you read closely what taipeiflyer wrote, he was pointing out that a passenger might not want to consume an entire bottle. In that case, a glass might be a nice way to kick off or break the trip; a bottle would be too much.

Just because people can afford C or F (I'm pretty confident that group includes taipeiflyer) doesn't mean they don't evaluate the value of any expenditure.

The lounge experience is increasingly an integral part of a premium class offering. That's why many premium pax care about it. It's not about the fact that there are F&B options in the outside terminal or, as you argue, in the city itself .
              thank you jjpb3 for clarifying much more diplomatically what i was trying to get across.

Comment

Well, if you can afford paying C or F class ticket on SQ, then what is the meaning of 120 Pounds?.
                Have you heard of award travel? Or employers paying for one's premium class travel? Not everyone can afford to pay $$$ for F or C travel.

Comment

Flying first class in September through Changi in September and looking forward to it as never have before with SA. Also have decent job as partner in a law firm and earn good coin. BUT if I see 5 cents on the ground I still sto and pick it up!!

Almost $300 for a bottle of grog and you think nothing of it???

Time for a reality check. I expect top service whether in the air or on the ground part of which a glass of good vino before the flight is a must. That said, dont think I'll be throwing around $300 for a couple of glasses any time soon.

PS. if you have any recently opened bottles you had a few sips from, feel free to pass them my way!

Comment

Hmm... I think it is similar to saying "Why do you care if a Rolls Royce Phantom should have a good quality sound system?".
                    Lounges, and whatever they offer in them, are parts of the complete product offering for which we pay the airline for.

Comment

I've gone through Changi countless times, and after done with the needed money changing and whatever required shopping, I look forward nothing more than to head to the lounge and relax a bit before the flight, have a nibble and a easy drink. The lounge access and amenities have already been paid for as part of the airfare, why not enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        ...BTW, if someone is paying £125 for a bottle of Dom, find a new supplier. Pronto.
                        Spot on.

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

Originally posted by bloob View Post
                        I've gone through Changi countless times, and after done with the needed money changing and whatever required shopping, I look forward nothing more than to head to the lounge and relax a bit before the flight, have a nibble and a easy drink. The lounge access and amenities have already been paid for as part of the airfare, why not enjoy it.
                        Well said. Different passengers have different reasons for wanting to use the lounge, in addition to different needs and expectations. That said, using the lounge is not a requirement during travel and if one isn't pleased with the offering they're certainly welcome to explore other options before their departing flight.
                        Last edited by cawhite; 22 January 2008, 01:08 AM.

Comment

I usually fly Y class, though I know I'm a potential spoiled brat when it comes to luxury. I just love hanging out at the lounge because it's comfy and quiet ... you get drinks and food.

As the OP correctly pointed out, I could get food and drinks outside and pay for myself; it's quite a hassle though. When transiting I certainly won't take transit country cash with me and exchanging money just for a sandwich and a drink isn't worth it.

So if I am on Y, I take what I get but when I'm flying business class, why shouldn't I visit a lounge? Especially if I have a gold card or so it would be stupid to buy sandwiches and DOM outside if you can get it for 'free' inside the lounge.

I have to say I've never been to an F lounge before and only a couple of times to Business lounges.
                          Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                            Different passengers have different reasons for wanting to use the lounge, in addition to different needs and expectations. That said, using the lounge is not a requirement during travel and if one isn't pleased with the offering they're certainly welcome to explore other options before their departing flight.
                            As an example, just recently, I skipped visiting SKL at Changi even though I was thinking of taking shower there prior to my flight as well as to take some pictures which I had no chance last time I was there. I did that because I opted to spend time for talking, gathering, having coffee and breakfast with two very good friends.

Another example, at LHR T3, I would not want to wait at the crowded waiting room. Thus the lounge is a much better option.

And also, depending on how often you are traveling, by knowing the familiar faces at the lounge it is a beneficial. Perhaps not immediate, but in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                            X