Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats good work, huaiwei. tks

Comment

Let's look deeper into the associated charges on top of the gimmick fares.

SQ/MH fly from KLIA main terminal and Changi T2, airport tax is S$21 & RM51 (about S$23 based on SQ ticketing info), insurance and fuel surcharge is S$46 (S$8 + S$38) per sector. That brings the total taxes ex-SIN S$67 and ex-KUL S$69. Consistent surcharges excluding the airport taxes.

Air Asia flies from KLIA LCCT (airport tax RM25 - about S$12 based on AK ticketing info) and Changi T1 (airport tax S$21), admin fee and fuel surcharge is S$40 (S$10 + S$30) per sector. That brings the total taxes ex-SIN S$61 and ex-KUL S$52. Consistent surcharges excluding the airport taxes.

Jetstar Asia flies to the same terminals as SQ and MH. The website booking does not breakdown the different components of taxes, ex-SIN is S$65 and ex-KUL is S$70. Applying reverse engineering, the admin fee + fuel surcharge is S$44 ex-SIN and S$47 ex-KUL. Slightly different between the ex-SIN and ex-KUL surcharges, but it is still tolerable.

Tiger Airways which flies from KLIA LCCT (airport tax of S$12, same as Air Asia) and Changi Budget Terminal (airport tax S$13). The website booking does not breakdown the different components of taxes, ex-SIN is S$57 and ex-KUL is S$68. Applying reverse engineering, the admin fee + fuel surcharge is S$44 ex-SIN and S$56 ex-KUL!!! That's daylight robbery for the ex-KUL surcharges, even more expensive that the established airlines like SQ and MH!

What is the justification for TR to charge so much more??? Is it more expensive to operate from KLIA LCCT (hence the higher admin fee)? Or the fuel cost more in KUL than in SIN (hence the higher fuel surcharge)?

Comment

Thanks for the detailed analysis Doraemon. I do wonder though, if those quotes we get are fully transparent. I suspect not

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Thanks for the detailed analysis Doraemon. I do wonder though, if those quotes we get are fully transparent. I suspect not
          I will take P Class to KL for the price of the surcharges/airport taxes and other charges....on a SIN-KL Bus.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
            I will take P Class to KL for the price of the surcharges/airport taxes and other charges....on a SIN-KL Bus.
            I will take SQFG toyota class for $0.00 including taxes.

Comment

With the ending of this cooperation between SIA and MAS, can one traveling on SQ F on KUL - SIA still use either the SQ or the MH lounges at KLIA?

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                With the ending of this cooperation between SIA and MAS, can one traveling on SQ F on KUL - SIA still use either the SQ or the MH lounges at KLIA?
                That has never been the case, at least in my experience. If you flew SQ, you went to the SKL in KUL. If you flew MH, you went to the MH F in the satellite.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  That has never been the case, at least in my experience. If you flew SQ, you went to the SKL in KUL. If you flew MH, you went to the MH F in the satellite.
                  also note that u are allow into TG orchid by virtue of *A. I usually park myself in the TG lounge

Comment

Working...
                  X