Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End to SIA-MAS agreement on S'pore-KL air route on cards

Deleted
    Last edited by Megatop; 17 November 2011, 09:20 AM.

SQ have already reduced its 2-to-fly fares on its SIN-KUL-SIN .

Comment

That's good news, although I often wondered who is getting a better deal with the profit-sharing arrangement between the two airlines.
      Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Perhaps this also spells the end of regional J being sold as F.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
          Perhaps this also spells the end of regional J being sold as F.
          Now that may expalin why I couldnt get Business SIN-KUL in Feb. Agent couldnt understnad why the flight wasnt Business only shows up as economy. Im J all the way from BNE.. but couldnt get a J seat from SIN to KUL. So which also means apparently I cant get into the Louge now as well.

Comment

Edit! I was on drugs
            Last edited by quik!; 18 January 2008, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
              Now that may expalin why I couldnt get Business SIN-KUL in Feb. Agent couldnt understnad why the flight wasnt Business only shows up as economy. Im J all the way from BNE.. but couldnt get a J seat from SIN to KUL. So which also means apparently I cant get into the Louge now as well.
              I think what milehighJ means is that the current J hardware is sold as F on this route. You've never been able to book C on SIN-KUL, only F or Y.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                I think what milehighJ means is that the current J hardware is sold as F on this route. You've never been able to book C on SIN-KUL, only F or Y.
                Gotcha.. thanks for that. I have emailed them now to see if they can change it to F.. SIN to KUL. Really appreciate your help.. it is excellent to have a great resource of knowledge here!

i should have picked that up.. since I have an F flight KUL-CGK with MH. Actually Agent should have know that anyway.

Comment

No more fare fixing for SIA and MAS

Deleted
                  Last edited by Megatop; 17 November 2011, 09:19 AM.

Comment

The SQ GV2 KUL-SIN-KUL fare's dropped from RM706 to RM628 all in, however, valid only on SQ103. Keep going!

Comment

i did a few test bookings on the various LCCs and realised that the all-in fares were more expensive than what SIA is charging

Comment

its better than SQ and MH dropped their fare-fixed fares for SIN-KUL - as often its the passengers who paid full fare and those on shuttle that subsidizes those who are onto connectinmg flights - as can be seen then that SQ fares from KL to other East Asian, Eurpoean and American cities actually only pay the same equivalent fares as ex-SIN prices and in some instances even cheaper than ex-sin purchased prices.
                        However do not believe that LCCs' total nett fares are the same of higher than SQ for sure at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                          its better than SQ and MH dropped their fare-fixed fares for SIN-KUL - as often its the passengers who paid full fare and those on shuttle that subsidizes those who are onto connectinmg flights - as can be seen then that SQ fares from KL to other East Asian, Eurpoean and American cities actually only pay the same equivalent fares as ex-SIN prices and in some instances even cheaper than ex-sin purchased prices.
                          However do not believe that LCCs' total nett fares are the same of higher than SQ for sure at this time.
                          maybe i picked a combination which involved hot flights. i'd try again

Comment

yes pls try again - my friends managed to book with Tiger and Air Asia for en-feb and mar flights during the airlines promo and they got their return seats at $113 nett by air asia (incl priority boarding) and $145 by Tiger (inclusive of seat booking). However Jetstar asia seems to be the most expensive at $270 - but partly bec jetstar flies from both main terminals and not from budget terminals. The normal fares for LCCs would be in the region of S$160 to $270 - which are much lower than SQ current price of $440 nett return.

Comment

If one were to search for fares in the months of March onwards where gimmicky fares such as free tickets and one-for-one deals dissappear, prices start to climb a little higher as expected. I am still unsure if

Tiger Aiways

Tiger's current lowest Internet Discounted Fare is $144.98 all-in, assuming one selects the cheapest $9.99 fare both ways. It remains to be seen if these prices will stay, however. Its normal lowest fares will be $14.99 each way excluding taxes. Taxes are $57.00 out of Singapore and $68.00 out of KL, so its normal fares will be $154.98 minimum all in. Still quite a bargain.

AirAsia

AirAsia's lowest Economy Promotional Fare is $13.99 each way excluding taxes. Taxes are $61.00 ex-Singapore and $52.00 ex-KL, so total cost is $140.98 minimum. AirAsia has a slightly more "complicated" fare structure. It's "Economy Promotional Fare" fare is either $13.99, $29.00 or $39.00 depending on availability, but it appears to be a permanant feature. Normal airfares start from $49.00 in increments of $10.00. So its cheapest normal airfare will cost $231.00 minimum.

Jetstar Asia

Jetstar Asia's normal Jetsaver prices are $28.00 each way. Taxes ex-Singapore is $65.00 and ex-KL $70.00, amounting to a minimum of $191.00 in total charges. JetFlex fares start from $168.00 each way, amounting to $471.00 minimum. At this rate, you are far better off taking a full-service carrier!

Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airline's current promotional deal is $150.00 per person for a round-trip, which including taxes of $136.00 will amount to $286.00 per person, of course with lots of strings attached. Normal fares cost $440.00 all-in.
                              Last edited by huaiwei; 24 January 2008, 10:47 PM.
                              Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Working...
                              X