Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ-only RTW?

Hi all,

Has anyone flown on this ticket recently?

I'm wondering:
    - Is this much cheaper than a *RWSTAR fare in any given country?
    - Is it valid on SQ codeshares?
    - What're the best countries to purchase?
    - Will you get hit with the 77W/380 surcharges?

Thanks a bunch for any advice.

There was a similar dicussion here in June'07 : http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=round

Prices have gone up since....No surprise....
    Some notes if you do not want to read all the rules:
    No ULH A345 flights
    77W/A380 carry surcharges
    No Codeshares

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Has anyone flown on this ticket recently?

- Is this much cheaper than a *RWSTAR fare in any given country?
      - Will you get hit with the 77W/380 surcharges?
      I did it last September with my wife: JFK->FRA->SIN(->DPS->SIN)->ICN->SFO in First

It was highly enjoyable and I would do it again, except the segment SFO->JFK with Virgin America (also in F for just $320!) at the beginning. The Airline itself is fine and I can recommend it, especially in F, but the flight was delayed by so long in SFO, that we almost didn't catch our SQ flight - despite a generous 4 hour stop-over. Thanks to a good preparation (phone numbers of SQ in JFK and an iPhone to check for the weather in New York) we made it.

The SIN->DPS->SIN segment was an extra C ticket, because you can only fly strictly in one direction. This limitation would not exist with a * RWSTAR ticket. It was still much cheaper (almost 1/2 the price of a similar RW F ticket)

The SIN->SFO segment was in a 77W with the new first. No surcharge for us. The trip was booked about a month in advance.

Comment

Working...
      X