Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some changes for Auckland and Melbourne

AKL: from May 12th
    SQ285/286 changes from 744 to 77W. 281/282 service unchanged as daily 772ER. Isn't this also about the same time that the lease on 9V-SPR ends?

It'd be good if SQ286 went back to the 1400LT departure as to connect more easily with the midnight Euro departures. Would also be great if they refitted the new C to the 772ER fleet in order to create greater consistency with longhaul seating.

MEL: from May 5th.
    SQ237/238 changes from 773 to 744, making this service a 744 every day. 227/228 and 217/218 services unchanged as daily 744 and daily 77W respectively.

If 237/238 and 227/228 services are both daily 744s perhaps SQ can fiddle with their MEL scheds a bit so that 237 can leave SIN just after midnight (much like SQ231 SIN-SYD) while 238 can depart MEL around 8am (much like SQ220 SYD-SIN). This can be achieved by having the 744 that arrives into MEL as 227 turn around to do 238 and the 744 that arrives to MEL as 237 turn around to 228.

And additional flights for MEL up to end of Jan 2008 I believe since end of Dec 2007

SIN -MEL SQ211 dep 1045 FRI/SAT/SUN

MEL - SIN SQ212 dep 0010 SAT/SUN/MON

SQ212 departing MEL practically within 40 min of SQ218

Comment

AKL: from May 12th
      SQ285/286 changes from 744 to 77W. 281/282 service unchanged as daily 772ER. Isn't this also about the same time that the lease on 9V-SPR ends?
      Checked SQ website, SIN-AKL is now served by 77Ws from Jan 08. Anyone has any news regarding where SQ is sending 9V-SPR to?

Comment

Originally posted by J-Bird_MD11 View Post
        Checked SQ website, SIN-AKL is now served by 77Ws from Jan 08. Anyone has any news regarding where SQ is sending 9V-SPR to?
        Jan? I think it is still the Megatop till May at least?

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, J-Bird_MD11.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Did SQ ever take "delivery" of SPS?

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              Welcome to SQTalk, J-Bird_MD11.
              Thanks Keith Hope you have a wonderful DONE4 trip

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Did SQ ever take "delivery" of SPS?
                Don't think so.

Comment

Will there be any changes for Adelaide this year. It would be nice if we got some extra services during the busy periods or even bigger aircraft on the Adelaide service. Of late most flights have been very full.

Comment

hi there,

I have checked for my upcoming flight SIN-AKL on 31/01 and it is still a 744. In addition I was WL in F and it just cleared with only one remaining seat being 3A so I doubt they can switch to 77W.

Comment

Sorry my bad. Indeed SQ is still using the leased in 744 9V-SPR (ex-MH 9M-MPE) up until May 08.

Good that SQ281/282 is becoming a daily flight.

Comment

Just to add:
                        • SQ will increase BNE to 3x daily 772 from July 2nd.
                        • PER continues as 3x daily 772.
                        • ADL continues as a daily 772.
                        • CHC is downgraded to 6pw 772ER from late-March, and then to 5pw from July 2nd.
                        • Changes to SYD already noted elsewhere.

Originally posted by J-Bird_MD11 View Post
                        Good that SQ281/282 is becoming a daily flight.
                        This service has been daily since the end of October.

Originally posted by sq77w
                        I have checked for my upcoming flight SIN-AKL on 31/01 and it is still a 744. In addition I was WL in F and it just cleared with only one remaining seat being 3A so I doubt they can switch to 77W.
                        April/May is around the time when demand starts drop off with the winter low-season coming before picking up again around November/December as summer starts. It'd be nice if SQ could add a third frequency next peak season, perhaps a seasonal 3pw 772ER morning AKL turnaround or something.

Comment

Working...
                        X