Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Told that there may be nothing to eat on my flight ?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Told that there may be nothing to eat on my flight ?!?

I booked an award tix in J HKG-SIN-HKG. For reasons mentioned elsewhere, I missed the o/b and had to rebook (by phoning KF) on a later flight that day after paying change fees etc. After I took the o/b, I noticed that my i/b (unchanged; including my seat reservation) had disappeared totally from "My Bookings" on the SQ website but I thought nothing of it and didn't care enough about the seat to phone etc.

I arrived at SIN with literally minutes to go before check-in closed at T-40. It was an anxious 5-10 minutes before they found my booking but they said that whilst I was booked on the flight, the system had no other record of me on the flight! As such, I was asked at check-in whether I would be happy to take the flight but there would be no meal loaded for me ? Yes of course! (I got a new seat and not the one I'd reserved initially.)

On the flight, I mentioned it to the SQ girl who went round taking the meal orders, i.e. what I was told at check-in so if there's no meal, no problem at all but if there is a spare meal, then I don't mind having that whatever it is. She assured me that there would be enough spares of everything that I could have a free choice.

Let us know what happened next, jhm.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      I booked an award tix in J HKG-SIN-HKG. For reasons mentioned elsewhere, I missed the o/b and had to rebook (by phoning KF) on a later flight that day after paying change fees etc. After I took the o/b, I noticed that my i/b (unchanged; including my seat reservation) had disappeared totally from "My Bookings" on the SQ website but I thought nothing of it and didn't care enough about the seat to phone etc.

I arrived at SIN with literally minutes to go before check-in closed at T-40. It was an anxious 5-10 minutes before they found my booking but they said that whilst I was booked on the flight, the system had no other record of me on the flight! As such, I was asked at check-in whether I would be happy to take the flight but there would be no meal loaded for me ? Yes of course! (I got a new seat and not the one I'd reserved initially.)

On the flight, I mentioned it to the SQ girl who went round taking the meal orders, i.e. what I was told at check-in so if there's no meal, no problem at all but if there is a spare meal, then I don't mind having that whatever it is. She assured me that there would be enough spares of everything that I could have a free choice.
      That must be one experience you would live to talk about eons after the flight How long was the journey?? Did they give you the captain's satay?

Comment

That was the same thing that happend to me. My SQ flight was a AKL-SIN flight. I booked online but when i went to the airport they had no record of me booked for that flight. I showed them my e-ticket and then they found me. I also ordered he Seafood meal but when I was on my flight, they served me a normal meal. I drank 4 spritzers and long after the dinner service was over I received my Seafood meal.

This is bad. I think SQ's service is deteriorating.

Comment

Related incident for me as well... I was on a one-way from EWR to SIN, and the mileage was not credited for a long time, so I filed a claim form, *with the boarding pass as evidence of the flight*.

They emailed me back a few days later simply to say that the claim was denied as the details did not match the flight records - come on! Are they saying that I forged a boarding pass??? The off-hand manner in which they treat their customers is just ridiculous; anyone using their common sense would have thought it fit to follow up with the customer, if nothing else then perhaps the customer was a moron and provided the wrong details.

Anyway, long story short, they have absolutely no record of me on the plane, and have to refer to some other dept to follow up.. geez

Comment

Originally posted by ihjp View Post
            That was the same thing that happend to me. My SQ flight was a AKL-SIN flight. I booked online but when i went to the airport they had no record of me booked for that flight. I showed them my e-ticket and then they found me. I also ordered he Seafood meal but when I was on my flight, they served me a normal meal. I drank 4 spritzers and long after the dinner service was over I received my Seafood meal.

This is bad. I think SQ's service is deteriorating.
            Could you elaborate how come you got served a meal after dinner was long over?

Did you inform the crew that you have made a request prior to them serving you a 'normal' meal? (and accepting it)

* I take it that you have been served two main courses in this case?

If yes, maybe they managed to get you one after all have been served...and that your seafood meal probably came from other galleys ?

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

Let us know what happened next, jhm.
              Whoops, sorry! I should have made clear that other than the question at check-in about no meal and mentioning it to the SQ girl mentioned above, I got my preferred meal choice, the flight was perfectly normal etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                Whoops, sorry! I should have made clear that other than the question at check-in about no meal and mentioning it to the SQ girl mentioned above, I got my preferred meal choice, the flight was perfectly normal etc.
                Count yourself lucky you are on an SQ flight. A recent trip with my friends on Qantas hit a huddle when we discovered we have forgotten to book a vegetarian meal for one of our travel mates. He tried to request for one when checking in. Quite obviously, he was not successful, and no "replacement" in the form of even titbits was offered. He ended up having to take a normal meal and picking out only the items he could consume.

Granted, it was not the airline's fault that we made the mistake, but I am kinda sure SQ would at least try to come up with an alternative on board given the same situation, even if it is just a cup of instant noodles, which would be very much appreciated.
                Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Originally posted by huaiwei View Post
                  Granted, it was not the airline's fault that we made the mistake, but I am kinda sure SQ would at least try to come up with an alternative on board given the same situation, even if it is just a cup of instant noodles, which would be very much appreciated.
                  This happened on a flight I took some time ago, not to me but to someone sitting near me. The FA came over to offer the passenger some instant indian vegetarian option, and I wasn't closed enough to hear exactly or see what it was, but I got the impression it might have been some ready-to-eat type of meal.

Comment

Working...
                  X