Some Changes On Board That I Just Noticed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Changes On Board That I Just Noticed

I had not flown SQ for a while. I took SQ971 BKK-SIN on December 30, 2007. When the table was set, I notice a different immediately.

Yes, the F almost transparent symbol had gone from the table cloth. No more fun around when the crew did not do the table setting properly. Remember the time when flying in F, and the crew set up our table, and we would stare at the F insignia in the middle part of the table cloth before the plate charger would be placed on top of it? I will definitely miss this ritual. And I am not happy to hear the reason that was given by the crew in my flight. The SQ cabin crew was the one who proposed to SQ to abolish the F insignia because the crew thinks that it is inconvenient for them to make sure the F sign properly set on the table. Of course, I am sure they would say for a more quick and efficient way of table setting, no need for the crew to stare at the table cloth to make sure the correct F sign facing the pax.

Well, my conclusion would be for all these years, the cabin crew had not been happy to this PITA who likes to make sure the setting of the table cloth was done properly.
    Very disappointed with this.
    Better bury deep in the graveyards all those fun memories when having interaction with the LS or LSS because they put the F sign on the table cloth pointed in the wrong direction. One possible way to breakdown the ice between the pax and the LSS/LS had been taken away.

Another observation that I had not seen mentioned in SQTalk, is a new drink. Unfortunately, I had not have the menu and the list with me, or perhaps I left them on board. But I do recall when looking at the drink list, there is still Singapore Slings etc. And the third in the list is a drink called Solitaire. Now I wonder how it taste. And, I can't imagine in ordering this drink. "What would you like to have for the drink after take-off, Sir?" "Solitaire please." "I am sorry Sir, that drink is only for our Solitaire!"

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      I had not flown SQ for a while. I took SQ971 BKK-SIN on December 30, 2007. When the table was set, I notice a different immediately.

Yes, the F almost transparent symbol had gone from the table cloth. No more fun around when the crew did not do the table setting properly. Remember the time when flying in F, and the crew set up our table, and we would stare at the F insignia in the middle part of the table cloth before the plate charger would be placed on top of it? I will definitely miss this ritual. And I am not happy to hear the reason that was given by the crew in my flight. The SQ cabin crew was the one who proposed to SQ to abolish the F insignia because the crew thinks that it is inconvenient for them to make sure the F sign properly set on the table. Of course, I am sure they would say for a more quick and efficient way of table setting, no need for the crew to stare at the table cloth to make sure the correct F sign facing the pax.

Well, my conclusion would be for all these years, the cabin crew had not been happy to this PITA who likes to make sure the setting of the table cloth was done properly.
      Very disappointed with this.
      Better bury deep in the graveyards all those fun memories when having interaction with the LS or LSS because they put the F sign on the table cloth pointed in the wrong direction. One possible way to breakdown the ice between the pax and the LSS/LS had been taken away.

I actually did not like the colour and pattern on this new table cloth. Preferred the old one. I think it looks cheaper than the previous one. Actually, based on the typical load and number of pax in first class, it should not be such a big issue placing it the right way considering the price to pay for a first class ticket. However, it is not a big issue with me but as SQ LPP mentioned, it is a way to break the ice!
      Last edited by LionCity; 1 January 2008, 10:48 AM.

Comment

I have been looking in my photo collection whether I have an old table setting with F insignia alone. But so far unsuccessful. So, if anyone has the pic, please kindly post. Thank you!

Comment

Another observation that I had not seen mentioned in SQTalk, is a new drink. Unfortunately, I had not have the menu and the list with me, or perhaps I left them on board. But I do recall when looking at the drink list, there is still Singapore Slings etc. And the third in the list is a drink called Solitaire. Now I wonder how it taste. And, I can't imagine in ordering this drink. "What would you like to have for the drink after take-off, Sir?" "Solitaire please." "I am sorry Sir, that drink is only for our Solitaire!"
          From a Raffles drinks menu:

MIX OF THE MONTH

Tropical sparkle
          A refreshing-yet-fruity blend of lime cordial and 7-up, with orange & tomoato juice

SINGAPORE AIRLINES' UNIQUE CREATIONS

Silver Kris Sling
          One of our special touches made with gin, Cointreau and orange & pineapple juice, topped with champagne

Alspritzer
          A sparkling mix of vodka shaken with apple juice and 7-up

Solitaire Dreams
          A cool concoction of rum, pineapple juice and a Sling mix, topped with ginger ale

Sunrise Breezer
          A refreshing blend of sake and bitter lemon

Sweetness in Darkness
          A unique mix of red wine and a splash of Coke

Vodka Flush
          A tantalising drink of vodka, apple juice and bitter lemon, topped with 7-UP

Apple Bliss
          An appetising and refreshing blend of apple juice and bitter lemon, topped with 7-UP
          (non-alcoholic)

Awaiting the Golden Dawn
          A healthy, refreshing mix of pineapple, tomato & orange juice
          (non-alcoholic)

Tropical Fizz
          An invigorating concoction of pineapple juice and bitter lemon
          (non-alcoholic)

ALL-TIME FAVOUJRITES

Singapore Sling
          Synonymous with the Lion City since the early 1900s, this classic cocktail is made with dry gin, DOM Benedictine, cherry brandy, Angostura bitters and grenadine, mixed with lime & pineapple juice

Screwdriver
          A classic concoction of vodka and orange juice

Fruit Spritzer
          A sinmple-yet-delightful thirst-quenching mix of apple juice and 7-UP
          (non-alcoholic)

Orange Cooler
          A light tangy drink created from orange juice and ginger ale with a touch of lime cordial
          (non-alcoholic)

Comment

Rum-based Solitaire Dreams? Does that mean that Solitaires dream of Caribbean vacations? Or Solitaires need something like rum to forget about the amount of spending they've lavished on an airline?
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I have been looking in my photo collection whether I have an old table setting with F insignia alone. But so far unsuccessful. So, if anyone has the pic, please kindly post. Thank you!
              ask and you get These are the two I have from my collection

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                Rum-based Solitaire Dreams? Does that mean that Solitaires dream of Caribbean vacations? Or Solitaires need something like rum to forget about the amount of spending they've lavished on an airline?
                And is 'Vodka Flush' meant to alert the FAs to pax that are perving on them?

I heard that these names were shortlisted from a competitive process - I hope the judge was just being ironic...
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Thank you, fumitani, for the pictures.

Well, I heard now that the decision to remove the F logo is based on the focus group result, and in-line with the decision by SQ to remove the Raffles Class sign as well as F signage. So basically, no F or C sign like in their new china etc.

Comment

I'd be a touch self-conscious to ask a FA during the night for a Sweetness in Darkness!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      I'd be a touch self-conscious to ask a FA during the night for a Sweetness in Darkness!
                      Did not have a nerve to order Sweetness in Darkness last night.

But, here is Solitaire Dreams. I have to say it's horrible. No taste of rum. Just like syrup. I changed it to the usual G&T.

Comment

No BTC mark on BP

It used to be almost at the bottom of the BP slip, you would find the BTC that you ordered, or even a BCAKE from the angel. But now, the BTC or other notation will no longer appear on the BP. It was confirmed by couples of SQ check-in agents to whom I asked.

Comment

Did not have a nerve to order Sweetness in Darkness last night.
                          I don't believe you.

Joked with LSS about the drink. I would do things for SQTalk like ordering some interesting dishes so that I can take photos. However, I have to draw the line somewhere after the unfavourabole reviews of the drink as well as from the Drink Menu description. yucks.

BTW, you did something very naughty wit the bear last night - ala sailaway's famous finger incident.I have the photo to prove it....

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                            BTW, you did something very naughty wit the bear last night - ala sailaway's famous finger incident.I have the photo to prove it....
                            Which event?

Comment

Which event?
                              What? You did something else to the poor bear? I'll post the pic tomorrow when I get home. One day, I better carry a laptop during my trips.

Comment

Working...
                              X