Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 on LHR flights in March 2008?

Dear all,

I am booked for Z class from SIN-LHR on the 1st March and coming back 8th March. Will SQ be using A380 by then? I am really keen to try this new aircraft out. Previously i have taken the C Class on 777-300 ER as it's really good i must say.

Any update will be really useful.

Thanks!

Depends on which of the three daily flights you've chosen. 322/317 is the one.

Comment

I am on 308/319.

Got the 317 on my way back and now going to waitlist on 322. I can't believe it's fully booked more than 3 months ahead.

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Depends on which of the three daily flights you've chosen. 322/317 is the one.

Comment

IIRC, SQ suppose to use the 2nd A380 (9V-SKD) for the SIN - LHR Route... Not sure whether there is any changes of plans..
        A380 - European Pride!

Comment

or it could be that Airbus delays the delivery of the second A380 like they did with the first one
          You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

SQ should have 2 more A380s delivered by then - if the delivery is as scheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SKD View Post
              IIRC, SQ suppose to use the 2nd A380 (9V-SKD) for the SIN - LHR Route... Not sure whether there is any changes of plans..
              SKD comes ahead of SKB and SKC?

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                SKD comes ahead of SKB and SKC?
                Oppsss typo there.

Yeah 9V-SKB should be very soon first and will be put in for LHR.
                A380 - European Pride!

Comment

Oppsss typo there.

Thanks. How soon do you anticipate this one to come in? Would it be by March this year?

Comment

So the 2nd A380 flies SIN-LHR without a partner, so it'll be only available on odd days until the 3rd bird is delivered...am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy777 View Post
                      So the 2nd A380 flies SIN-LHR without a partner, so it'll be only available on odd days until the 3rd bird is delivered...am I right?
                      Hi Flyboy..... when you mean odd days do you mean alternate days or Mon,Wed,Fri,Sun?

Comment

Originally posted by tris View Post
                        Hi Flyboy..... when you mean odd days do you mean alternate days or Mon,Wed,Fri,Sun?
                        A single frame cannot do 4x LHR a week, if departing at the same time on each of those 4 days.

Comment

Oppsss typo there.

Pardon me but LHR might need at least 2 birds. Maybe HKG or NRT?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            A single frame cannot do 4x LHR a week, if departing at the same time on each of those 4 days.
                            Am I prudent to anticipate the pull out of &&W on 862/861 or replacing the 744 to NRT (can't remember the flight number).

Comment

I can't remember where but I seem to remember hearing that they were not going to start using the A380 on the LHR route until the next two had arrived sometime in mid Feb.

Comment

Working...
                              X