SQ285 and SQ286

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ285 and SQ286

I noticed that SQ285 and SQ286 are operated with a leased 747. I just wonder the F seat is still Skysuite or it's difference? and wonder if anyone have recently fly on these routes? any suggestion in term of seat selection and so on...

Thanks

They have leased a 744 from MH for 10 months so it is fitted with MH new J & F rather than SpaceBeds and SkySuites. The MH products are comparable to be honest.

I flew it a few months ago and got the MH bird down but an SQ 744 back.

This thread will tell you most of what you need to know:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=AKL%2A

Comment

Hi SQFLYER, I travelled on this aircraft back in August and September in first and I have to say it was very very nice - the seats are are more comfy for sleeping in and when fully reclined in flat is actually longer I think - I am 6.2 ft so it really impressed me - there is a feeling of more room overall in the cabin as the overhead compartments dont seem to overhang, there is fiberoptic lighting in the cabin so its better light control and mood lightling effect. The PTV is lot bigger that the SQ 744 and the foot rest can be adjusted electronically depending on how long your legs are. Overall I rate it higher that the regular SQ 744 product. If you wantto have a look at pics - you can go to www.airliners.net and look for Malaysian Airlines cabin pictures. I am travelling 1st again to AKL on SQ in Jan 08 and cant wait.Regards.

Comment

The only thing that I found a problem with the PTV is that it comes out of the centre armrest. When sat up or reclining it is a little "in yer face" and mine appeared difficult to adjust. It was fine but I prefer the PTV in the seat back.

I agree that the mood ceiling lighting is a very nice claming effect. Not yet emirates standard but good nonetheless...

My next trip to AKl will be April 08, I presume that the flights will resume on SQ metal? What happens to the MH ac? Do they go back to MH or sold to someone else?

Enjoy

Clowesy

Comment

Thanks Guys...so looking forward to it...

Comment

Working...
          X