• Show
Clear All

• 7 years ago on 31st/Oct/2000

9V-SPK will be missed.!

Originally posted by tokyonite View Post
    9V-SPK will be missed.!
    More so for those who perished.

Comment

RIP passengers who died on SQ6, it was a tragic accident which was not meant to happen.

Comment

7 years ago today I was still serving NS when my bunkmate broke the news to me while we are having water parade. Gosh....I could still remember that moment clearly. Tragic, certainly.
        Help make this article a better one!

Comment

Can anyone tell me more details about the Tropical Megatop? I know that they were 'transformed' on September 1998 and they went on a round-the-world trip as SQ88, I believe. Can anyone tell me the exact date, and the destinations of the RTW?
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

I read an interview with a passenger on SQ006 and he says he saw a man on fire, telling people he is completely fine. He also said everything was melting, and looked like a Salvador Dali artwork.

Comment

RIP the passengers, and the tropical megatop

Comment

There was the American, who was Diaz or something. He came on an interview on The Oprah Winfrey Show. He was a survivor of SQ006.
                Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

A sad accident which will be remembered by all . May the deceased aboard Flight Singapore 6 rest in peace .

Comment

I had a strange moment on 31 Oct.

I was sitting in seat 17A of a SQ 747-400 during pre-takeoff, absently flipping thru the Straits Times. I was actually quite enjoying being back on a 744 after too many 777 flights.

Just as we started the takeoff roll on runway 20C, I happened to flip to the obituary/memorial page, and saw some of the memorials to the SQ6 victims, and was reminded of this sad anniversary. By pure coincidence that it was exactly the same point that SQ6 hit trouble.

Comment

Working...
                    X