SQ now serving better champagne in SKL F lounge than Raffles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ now serving better champagne in SKL F lounge than Raffles

Yep, they obviously think it's unfair that after booting 1000's of PPS out of the F lounge those Top Priority Pax left in the more exclusive F side deserve better than the Piper Heidsieck in the Raffles side.

So, they've really pushed the boat out to make us feel more exclusive and now, being served only in the SKL F side we have the mighty..(drum roll)....Charles Heidsieck instead.

I would imagine this will require additional security posting outside the F side to stop all those desperate souls who been unceremoniously dumped in the overcrowded J side fighting to get access to this world beating more exclusive champagne...

I am not learned in the world of champagne.

Am I right in assuming Charles Heidsieck is better (albeit probably in your opionion only slightly!) than Piper Heidsieck?

Comment

I thought for a moment that they'd at least serve a good vintage. But I was just chatting to a friend who's currently sitting in the Flounge. According to him, they're actually serving Charles Heidsieck NV.

According to CGK's post here when they first removed Dom, they were serving PH reserve 1999.

I wouldn't consider that an upgrade at all. The price point (maybe an extra $10 per bottle for the CH nv...whoop di doo) and quality of the 2 are very similar.

Oh and said friend is now complaining over msn that Suites and F pax were told to "wait" when they discovered that the bar was closed. This was at 7pm, ie cocktail hour. Fortunately another member of staff overheard the conversation and saved the day by sprinting off to get champagne. But had they not been persistent they'd have gone thirsty. Hmm - rationing??
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 31 October 2007, 07:12 PM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
      X