SilkAir to Fly to Nepal from October 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huaiwei View Post
    So only the A310s could land there back then? Was the route canned because of aircraft issues, performance, or both?
    Think Kathmandu was canned due to low loads. A B772 can fly into Kathmandu perfectly fine since Thai also uses B772 aircraft to fly in from Bangkok.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
      Think Kathmandu was canned due to low loads. A B772 can fly into Kathmandu perfectly fine since Thai also uses B772 aircraft to fly in from Bangkok.
      with BKK and SIN being regional hub, the pie can only get thinner. Now i am not sure if 9V would want to take on this sector with a 320 seater bird, rather than have a smaller cap plane from its sister company do it.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
        How about the A330-300s scheduled for delivery starting in 2009?
        SIA has never been one to fly to low-load, commercially unviable and mostly "exotic" destinations. Since it isn't even flying to Latin/South America, the South Pacific Islands and Mongolia, Paro would be an even more remote possibility. By the way, the Bhutan government imposes caps on tourist arrivals. No way SIA would fly there anytime soon.
        My Cafe Adventures
        Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
        http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Working...
        X