Stowaway found in Aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stowaway found in Aircraft

Juz happend a few hours ago, a stowaway was found hiding in the aircraft Nosewheel bay after aircraft arrived into the bay. The flight was from Kul and Reg is 9V-SRD.
    Last edited by banx007; 12 October 2007, 03:01 AM.

If he joined the flight in KUL, then he should be alive.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
      If he joined the flight in KUL, then he should be alive.
      He was found alive. Very surprising considering the tight space in the nose wheel.

Comment

the security at KLIA apron must be lapsed n just before push-back as tow-truck pushed the aircraft from the nose wheel - the ground engineers must have not done a good visual check. I was on SQ 107 n aircraft was 9V-SRA. But the stowaway suvived more likely too bec for the KUL-SIN sector the aircraft doesnt fly at a high flight level but usually at FL200 - 220.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
          the security at KLIA apron must be lapsed n just before push-back as tow-truck pushed the aircraft from the nose wheel - the ground engineers must have not done a good visual check. I was on SQ 107 n aircraft was 9V-SRA. But the stowaway suvived more likely too bec for the KUL-SIN sector the aircraft doesnt fly at a high flight level but usually at FL200 - 220.
          And the short 30min flight time must have helped too
          Last edited by ycp81; 12 October 2007, 05:23 PM.
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

The routine cause of death in a nosewheel bay is hypothermia, not trauma or hypoxia. In this case, the combination of short flight time, moderate altitude, and tropical climate all contributed to survivability of the temperatures. With arctic clothing, any flight should be survivable if the stowaway is in good physical condition at the start of flight. Of course, a full set of arctic clothes would cost more than any economy class airline ticket.

Comment

but sadly this silly guy risked his life to stowaway on a SQ aircraft and surely S'pore will jail him n repatriate him back to where he is originally from as he cant even seek asylum here.

Comment

People who stowaway in the nosewheel bay are generally more brave and desperate than intelligent. Perhaps he should join the French Foreign Legion.

Comment

This thing remind me of an event years back, when I was still living in Indonesia. A young boy sneaked into the nosewheel of a GA planes bound to CGK from MES. Apparently, he just want to fly and see the capital city. He suffered minor burns from the hot tyres and hypothermia, but he was fine and later GA sent him back to MES for free.

I have to say these ppl are courageous, but foolish.

Comment

At least, we now know that SQ is really "A Great Way To Fly" and the preferred choice of Airline even when you are desperate. Hehehe.. Strange, how come nothing come out regarding this in the News at all.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      With arctic clothing, any flight should be survivable if the stowaway is in good physical condition at the start of flight.
                      I don't know about that. If he had an oxygen tank, maybe. There's just not enough oxygen at typical cruising altitudes, say 30,000+ ft, to sustain human life. Look at all those people who died on the Helios flight to Athens. Hypoxia, not freezing temps (the cabin remained at normal termperatures) or the crash near Athens, killed them.

Comment

Originally posted by banx007 View Post
                        At least, we now know that SQ is really "A Great Way To Fly" and the preferred choice of Airline even when you are desperate. Hehehe.. Strange, how come nothing come out regarding this in the News at all.
                        Actually, it does come out in the news, albeit a Malaysian one... http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v3/news.php?id=289836

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                          I don't know about that. If he had an oxygen tank, maybe. There's just not enough oxygen at typical cruising altitudes, say 30,000+ ft, to sustain human life. Look at all those people who died on the Helios flight to Athens. Hypoxia, not freezing temps (the cabin remained at normal termperatures) or the crash near Athens, killed them.
                          Most would have been unconscious from hypoxia, not dead. The crash would have killed them.

Comment

October 12, 2007 20:38 PM

Stowaway Onboard SIA Flight From KLIA

SINGAPORE, Oct 12 (Bernama) -- A man who sneaked into a Singapore Airlines (SIA) plane from Kuala Lumpur last night has been handed over to police.

Osama R M Shublaq, said to be a Palestinian, hid inside the wheel well of the SIA flight SQ119 that flew in from Kuala Lumpur at 10.56pm, according to a report in the Straits Times' online edition.

The man stunned the Changi Airport ground crew who were waiting to serve the twin-engine Boeing 777-200 when he fell out of the area where the front landing gear is stowed, it said. He was taken away by police.

The Straits Times quoted Datuk Azmi Murad, Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad (MAHB) Senior General Manager (Operations), as saying SIA had informed MAHB, operator of the KL International Airport in Sepang, about the incident.

"We will assist and cooperate with Singapore authorities to investigate how it happened," he said.

-- BERNAMA

What a small world, the man name is Osama. Hahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by banx007 View Post
                              October 12, 2007 20:38 PM

What a small world, the man name is Osama. Hahahaha!
                              In some countries this is no uncommon name...
                              Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Working...
                              X