SQ Engineering Hangar, MASSIVE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Engineering Hangar, MASSIVE!

just thought I'd share this with everyone, two 777's and THREE Megatops in the one hangar! has anyone been there? I've been in the QANTAS A330 hangar in Melbourne, and that was huge in it's own right

hi... i myself work in there and yep it is huge. sometimes this happens...so airplanes have to park slightly outside.
    life long learning == learn later

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

Most hangars appear to be rather huge. Usually has to do with the size of the aicraft maintained in there

Does anybody know if SQ will maintain the A380 in there?
      Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post
        Most hangars appear to be rather huge. Usually has to do with the size of the aicraft maintained in there

Hi Peeps! Yup the hangar is huge, in fact it was one of the biggest when it was first opened years ago. The A380 will be maintain at Hangar 1 (The biggest hangar in the pic) in the meantime while they build Hangar 6 and 7. They have strenghtened the floor area so they could jack up the A380 if need to.

p.s Lame 38.5, when u coming to ASU?

Comment

Originally posted by banx007 View Post
          Yup the hangar is huge, in fact it was one of the biggest when it was first opened years ago.
          Sorry... just a small addenum :

It was the world’s largest column-free hanger at 20,000 sq m when it opened.

Comment

Never worked in there, but visited a few times when I worked at Airline House for a while. It is massive.

Comment

Does it come with a valet parking service?

Comment

let's hope it's better than the one the A380 got in Bangkok

Comment

Originally posted by up and away View Post

yep, siaec is the first to maintain A380. the hangar is being built right now. it's opposite hangar 1

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

Originally posted by banx007 View Post
                    Hi Peeps! Yup the hangar is huge, in fact it was one of the biggest when it was first opened years ago. The A380 will be maintain at Hangar 1 (The biggest hangar in the pic) in the meantime while they build Hangar 6 and 7. They have strenghtened the floor area so they could jack up the A380 if need to.

p.s Lame 38.5, when u coming to ASU?
                    hi.. im on attachment in line maint & QAT until nx yr. but im on course this month...after which i go back to line maint. r u in line maint too?

ASU here i come!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X