Additional service for ADL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional service for ADL

News from a very reliable tweety bird...

ADL will receive an extra SQ service from 01DEC-26JAN inclusive.

At this stage the new service is once weekly on a Saturday.

Schedule:
    SQ267 (Sat) SIN 0745 ADL 1700
    SQ266 (Sat) ADL 1815 SIN 2250
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Good news since getting a flight into Aus or out or it on SQ is basically impossible especially in J.

Someone told me that BNE is going back to three flights a day very soon.. just why cant they give us the spacebed?

Comment

Maybe they might? I think ADL sees some SV* series birds sometimes nowadays, given that they took out the SV* on the SIN-MXP-BCN, SIN-ICN-SFO, SIN-TPE-LAX and whatever else routes? Unless they insist on sending a 3-class SQ* series to BNE then you'll never get the spacebeds there Seems as if it's a 2-class service to ADL and a 3-class to BNE, so ironically... you can tell. Spacebeds possible at ADL but not BNE.

Comment

Finally I can make a ICN-SIN-BNE without having to spend too much time in Singapore !!! Just booked SQ607-SQ255 ~!!!!

But SQ usually always send SR* to BNE. Looks like ICN will be getting SV* ..
        Last edited by lee_apromise; 19 September 2007, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Haha yeah bak to 3 flights is a Godsend in my books. Getting on the afternoon flight atm is always full and the midnight one isnt that great for some connections - well personally i prefer taking longhaul overnight...

Yeah Sproadic that seems to be true...That will be the day they send a 3 class to BNE - if they did they would make it regional for all the more fun lol

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            News from a very reliable tweety bird...

ADL will receive an extra SQ service from 01DEC-26JAN inclusive.

At this stage the new service is once weekly on a Saturday.

Schedule:
            SQ267 (Sat) SIN 0745 ADL 1700
            SQ266 (Sat) ADL 1815 SIN 2250
            I read in the local SIN Papers that SQ is spending to help promote ADL as a destination. I been thinking of making a leisure trip to ADL sometime next year. It seems this extra flight is only up to 26 Jan (X'mas season).

Comment

This is great news for us. Ive been monitoring loads on the Adelaide flights for a long time and most flights are getting very good load factors.
              Also Adelaide hasnt had any of the SV block 777s since the Sars outbreak about 5 yrs ago. We still get the boring old SR block 777s every day.

Comment

The South Australian Tourism Commission CEO has been quoted as saying

"Depending on growth as a result of this new service, there are plans to add two more weekly services and with a heavy dose of optimism, Mr McEvoy said: "We hope to be so successful that we can go double daily within 18 months from October 2007."

http://ttgtravelhub.net/index.php?op...k=view&id=9870

This would seem to indicate good loadings to/from ADL on SQ. It will also be great to see more SQ movements through ADL even though it will be predominantly 772's. I believe MH are also increasing their ADL flghts to KUL using 777 and CX going to daily HKG/ADL/MEL/HKG with their A333 aircraft from 1/10/07.

It will be interesting to see if we see in ADL the likes of EK, VS or LCC Air Aisa X and Tiger as QF certainly don't seem to be interested.

Comment

Working...
                X