First LHR flights to get the A380????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First LHR flights to get the A380????

Hi I am booked on the 317 29th June and 322 14th July in 1st am I likely to get the new suites? At the mo it's showing as a 747??? Any ideas from you experts? Many thanks, Matt

Originally posted by Mattlovessq View Post
    Hi I am booked on the 317 29th June and 322 14th July in 1st am I likely to get the new suites? At the mo it's showing as a 747??? Any ideas from you experts? Many thanks, Matt
    Yes, those should be the only LHR flights at that time operated by the WhaleJet.

Comment

Fingers crossed then!!! Thanks

Comment

booked is one thing. Have you issued it? The moment it loads up as A380- F, P and A inventory disappear, and bookings are HX'ed.

If you've got it issued you'll be fine.

Comment

God not sure what all that means?? have a booking ref and can look up booking on Singapore Airlines web site the booking was made through Trailfinders?!?!? Any info would be great sqflyergirl, thanks in advance

Comment

God not sure what all that means?? have a booking ref and can look up booking on Singapore Airlines web site the booking was made through Trailfinders?!?!? Any info would be great sqflyergirl, thanks in advance
            Have you paid for your seats, and have ticket numbers (13 digits starting with 618, assuming Trailfinders is issuing your ticket via SQ) appeared against your booking? If so, your ticket has been issued and your booking on the A380 flight will prevail. Otherwise you'd have to cough up extra to remain on the same flight, or have your booking zapped and be moved to a non A380 flight. This is due to the fact that A380 First class seats come out of the more expensive R bucket, whilst 'regular' First class seats are booked into either F, A or P - as SQflyergirl was trying to express.
            Last edited by KeithMEL; 17 September 2007, 10:52 PM.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Thanks guys just spoke to Trailfinders, did not need to pay for tickets till April 08 but have paid now so as to have the tickets issued. The guy I deal with at Trailfinders said they have had lots of cases where customers booked on the Singapore - Sydney route have had to pay a sur-charge or be bumped to another flight if they had not had tickets issued, he also said lots of people would not pay the sur-charge and have moved to another carrier?!?!?

Comment

Thanks guys just spoke to Trailfinders, did not need to pay for tickets till April 08 but have paid now so as to have the tickets issued. The guy I deal with at Trailfinders said they have had lots of cases where customers booked on the Singapore - Sydney route have had to pay a sur-charge or be bumped to another flight if they had not had tickets issued, he also said lots of people would not pay the sur-charge and have moved to another carrier?!?!?
                Yes, because the A380 flights attract an additional surcharge (IIRC it appears on the ticket as a Q charge) for First and Business bookings. As with the 77W for Business. My TA (incidentally also of Trailfinders) told me the same thing about the MEL/SIN SQ218/217 flights which is going to be operated by the 77W.
                Last edited by KeithMEL; 17 September 2007, 11:28 PM.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

did not need to pay for tickets till April 08
                  If you'd left it till THEN, and if the A380 flights had been loaded into the system, you'd have been out of luck.

Comment

Just had a call from my agent sure enough both my flights have been changed to suites!!!! No extra charge because I had payed in full. He said customers who had not payed were being offered either another flight or sur charge of £1250 each way in suites!!!! Result!!! There are three of us traveling so have saved myself £7.5k... Thank you to all those who told me to go for 317/322 and to pay upfront, thank you, Matt

Comment

Just had a call from my agent sure enough both my flights have been changed to suites!!!! No extra charge because I had payed in full. He said customers who had not payed were being offered either another flight or sur charge of £1250 each way in suites!!!! Result!!! There are three of us traveling so have saved myself £7.5k... Thank you to all those who told me to go for 317/322 and to pay upfront, thank you, Matt
                      Congrats!

Comment

I had almost the same date as you for the outbound. Kept changing it but now I have Suites for July 2nd and coming back November. This morning, I could not see my itinerary after I learned that the switch over was official. Called my TA and after she acknowledge the "schedule change", it now shows the suite and I selected my seat. Can't wait to be in July!

Comment

Congratulations to you all!
                          I am so envious.

Comment

2 A380 flights on 18 MAR SIN-LHR?

SQ is flying 2 A380 flights on 18MAR...

SQ 308 at 0900/1505, and SQ 322 at 2320/0555+1.

Then from LHR-SIN on 18MAR, SQ319 at 1855/1535+1, and the other A380 stays on till the 19MAR for SQ317 at 1100/0740.

But flights to/from LHR revert back to one daily flight only.

Comment

Working...
                            X